Poorly Pennydog!

• 19 Replies

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
Poorly Pennydog!
« on: October 19, 2010, 23:03 »
Penny has had a lump on her head for a year now.  the vets have seen it twice and said it will gradually get bigger, but its okay as long as its not bothering her.  As she is nearly 9, she isn't as young as she was!

Anyway, it has been getting bigger, and for the past week she keeps catching it when shes digging under sheds looking for moles and rats and making it bleed, not good when you are nosing around where rats run!

So we made an appointment at the vets yesterday.  Vet said it would be a good idea to have it removed and said he could do it then and there!  So we went back last night at 5.40pm to collect her.  Poor Penny, she did look sorry for herself, and all day today she has been wimpering which isn't like her, so we had to go over to the vet this afternoon to pick up some pain killers for her!

We are now £155 lighter!  But she hasn't really cost us much over the last 8 years, and she is worth it!

Mind you the scar is twice the size the lump was!
Poor Pennydog.jpg

compostqueen

Re: Poorly Pennydog!
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2010, 00:14 »
Oh poor Penny  :(  She does look sorry for herself doesn't she, bless. Better with it gone though ey if she kept catching it.  She will feel rubbish for a day or two with the anaesthetic etc but I bet she'll soon be her old self again.  Give her a hug from me and a doggy drop  :D

GrannieAnnie

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2010, 00:18 »
Thanks CQ, I've never heard her wimpering like she has done today, even after I gave her a painkiller!  She must be in such discomfort poor old thing!  But it hasn't stopped her asking to go out and hunt!  But we've kept an eye on her all day.

she doesn't often get doggy drops, but she sits patiently under my little apple tree waiting for the wind to blow something off for her!  and she loves waiting while I pick my tomatoes!!  The 100's and 1,000's tom plant I have is all hers!!!

compostqueen

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2010, 00:22 »
Sorry to hear she's still in pain, I do hope she gets some respite soon. If she's still squeaking tomorrow I'd ask the vet for something else. You'd rather have the pain yourself wouldn't you  :(  I do hope she doesn't get a windfall on her head!

GrannieAnnie

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2010, 00:31 »
I think she catches them in her mouth!  And I'm sure she shakes the tree too!  Almost everytime you see her she has an apple in her mouth! lol

She has to go back thursday for her post op inspection, so we'll see how she goes tomorrow!  Our vets are very good.  Their senior partner sent me a condolence card after she had to put my Sootycat down!

compostqueen

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2010, 00:32 »
I hope she settles down soon and gets a good night's sleep. You too  :)

Trillium

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2010, 01:38 »
Poor old Penny, I'm sure she'll recover soon with all that love coming her way. I have to take my old girl in eventually for a big lump on her shoulder so we'll be in the same boat - a lot of money lighter. But they're worth it, aren't they, the big love lumps.

arugula

• Winner - prettiest sunflower 2011
  • hic svnt leones
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2010, 06:40 »
Poor Penny girl! :( Is she any brighter today?

:)
"They say a snow year's a good year" -- Rutherford.

tosca100

• New start, new life in BG
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2010, 09:22 »
Poor Penny, sending healing thoughts over. Our lab cried for a day after speying but was right as rain on the second day. It's horrible but they soon bounce back.

Little black cross didn't cry at all, which is amazing for such a wimp that she usually is! They all take it differently.

GrannieAnnie

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2010, 09:28 »
Thanks girls, yes she seems a lot brighter today, her tail started to wag again yesterday, and today she went out to check the rat baits with Brian, but he wouldn't let her dig any holes!   :D

We'll be glad when the stitches are out though.  They look so ugly!!

I'll be thinking of you Gloria!  Do you think your old girl has a similar sort of lump as Penny?  Vet said it was a tumour, but a benign one, but it came out easily!

Caralou

• Family Member.
    • Lowcostliving
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2010, 11:05 »
Poor Penny! Huge cuddles and strokes from me for her xxxxx

juliec

• Experienced Member
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2010, 11:10 »
lots of love strokes and tail wags on the way to Poorly Penny.

get better soon xx

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2010, 12:19 »
How is she doing today Grannie ?

GrannieAnnie

« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2010, 13:17 »
She is loads happier thanks auntie!  She even ate her painkiller without me having to hide it in some turkey!  :lol:

She started to dig up a mole hill until I stopped her as I don't want her getting dirt into her wound, but she did chase after, then eat 3 apples this morning!

But thank you all for caring.  I was just so worried yesterday with all the sad noises she was making, had to share with someone!  :)

daisy1990

« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2010, 18:54 »
pleased she is doing well, dogs like small children are always such a worry, but have an incredible ability to get well quickly, it sounds like she has a lovely life with you!
3 dogs, 8 chickens, 4 rabbits 2 guinea pigs, 10 quail, 2 fish and a demanding daughter who has gone to uni and left me with 29 animals to care for!!=)

xx
Poorly old cat

Started by ANHBUC on Pets without Feathers

43 Replies
Last post June 27, 2012, 17:23
by ANHBUC
xx
poorly cat

Started by titch on Pets without Feathers

36 Replies
Last post February 23, 2010, 18:41
by cissie
xx
poorly pup

Started by nicky d on Pets without Feathers

10 Replies
Last post May 13, 2010, 20:41
by Spana
xx
Poorly Puss Tat

Started by Caralou on Pets without Feathers

34 Replies
Last post May 19, 2010, 14:47
by raeburg

Page created in 0.124 seconds with 39 queries.