My ducks are being very naughty Help

• 1 Replies

matilda duck

My ducks are being very naughty Help
« on: May 08, 2009, 16:54 »
Last week Tufty started sitting  yeh :)
 By Saturday she stopped :(
 Yesterday I candled the eggs and could see slight veins in 1 but it was cracked :(.  I decided enough was enough no-one was sitting and this was just a stupid game >:(. Out of curiosity I cracked the eggs in a dish to find 1 was starting to have veins and  another 1 had alot of veins and blood in the middle >:( >:(..but wasn't going to be with no sitting!
Anyhow today I had no eggs this morning  strange as we have eggs every morning.
 I have found 2 in the garden >:( one shell-less???

WHY ARE THEY DOING THIS???  mine never lay away and i've always had good strong eggs,..... in fact it's a joke that people use hammers on our duck eggs to crack them :D
They have full run of the garden, food and grit at all times why ?? What have I done wrong this time??? :(

Kate and her Ducks

Re: My ducks are being very naughty Help
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2009, 18:46 »
Don't sweat it, these things happen. The odd soft shell is nothing to worry about as long as it is just the odd one and your girls are happy. I have one that only lays shell-less but she is happy, in no distress and the other are fine. She's on everything recommended and other that do the deed nothing left to do so if she can live happilty with it, I can.

Mine started laying away from the nest last year a bit later than this thime. Apparently it has to do with the longer days sending their body clock a bit squiffy and they lay later once they are up and about. Unlike hens they can't be bothered going back to their house and just do it where they are. I've had them in the pond.
Be like a duck. Calm on the surface but always paddling like the dickens underneath.

xx
Ducks and lights and ducks and holly

Started by RichardA on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post January 13, 2009, 17:48
by poultrygeist
xx
Can they be naughty before first lay

Started by gracie on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post July 23, 2011, 22:06
by henamoured
xx
OH has been naughty

Started by asd1 on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post September 03, 2011, 18:15
by NormandyMary
xx
Naughty cockerel

Started by kitkat on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post August 02, 2009, 22:22
by Chookster

Page created in 0.228 seconds with 36 queries.