Defra

• 44 Replies

karlooben

Re: Defra
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2009, 21:15 »
i was also told  to register with trading stanards ppl { sure it was them } because if there ever was a mass scare in bird flu or something then my birds would already be registed with all the nessacery ppl  then that way they could come an check the girls  out right away . another reason they like to know who keeps birds is so that they dont need to go checking on every single property as they will already know who has what and where  that to me makes sense .
"Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened."

poultrygeist

« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2009, 21:24 »
Would it be environmental health Looby ?

Rob 8)

karlooben

« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2009, 21:33 »
possibly i cant remember   :lol: :lol:my memory is going i'll be 35 soon  :lol:

poultrygeist

« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2009, 21:34 »
Youngster  :D

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2009, 21:37 »
Even if you don't register TMG, if there is an avian flu outbreak and they find out your in the danger zone, they'll find out you've got birds and kill them anyway.

We first registered on the GB poultry register when it was voluntary, but then they decided it was obligatory and you could get into trouble if you had more than 50 birds and didn't register!  But we were registered with DEFRA as a holding anyways.

It has it's uses too as they are supposed to let you know when these things happen in your area.

I can't even remember being 35!!!!   It was soooo long ago.  Pre-Brian anyway!!   :D :D

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2009, 21:38 »
possibly i cant remember   :lol: :lol:my memory is going i'll be 35 soon  :lol:

You're just a whippersnapper looby, wait till you get to ???? sorry cant remember how old I am  :lol:
Staffies are softer than you think.

karlooben

« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2009, 21:39 »
 :lol: :lol: :lol:

too many girls

« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2009, 22:05 »
we are already registered with Defra and have a holding number, that's how they knew about Elliemay, i tried to hide her and refused to let them examine her, they brought the army in, big guys too, ok she's in there! we found out after we lost the appeal and after Ellie was dead that we would have won the appeal for Ellie only (not the sheep) if she hadn't been examined by an infected vet, they tricked us and it cost Elliemay her life! and i will never forget that.

poultrygeist

« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2009, 22:08 »
No regard for individual animals by the sound of it. Terrible thing. :(
I can remember a lot of similar stories around the country.

Rob

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2009, 22:17 »
Oh I'm sorry TMG, I didn't realise! 

And no they don't take into account individual animals!!!

too many girls

« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2009, 22:22 »
i asked if i could take the kid's off the farm before they started killing, they told me to leave my dog casper behind, i didn't, when i got to the gate we all had to be disenfected (even the car) the army man said "are you supposed to take the dog?" and i lied and said yes, they said it's alright if you spray him and he walks through the disenfectant" i was too scared to go to Copley in case they came after us and went to Darlington instead, i later found out that they'd borrowed Neal's sheep dog to round up some sheep (not his sheep, he was out of the zone, and not our sheep as they come when called, muppets) and afterwards they shot it and didn't tell him until he asked for it back, i still have nightmares about men in white coverall suits chasing me and trying to take my dog.

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2009, 22:24 »
Thats awful  :(, it's like they don't care. I would be like you no one would take my dogs  >:(

too many girls

« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2009, 22:30 »
i felt like that about my cow too, but you can't argue with the army, and actually they were alright, they didn't like it either, it was the vets who were horrible, shipped in from all over, we had a Australian one amongst ours, and the Scottish one i could have hit!

Foxy

« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2009, 22:33 »
TMG that is a horrific story, I can see why you have nightmares, what an absolutely terrible thing to happen :( :(

themagicaltoad1

« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2009, 22:36 »
OMG what a terrible thing to happen, it must have been heartbreaking, good job you took your dog with you.

xx
defra law

Started by nic_28 on The Hen House

15 Replies
Last post July 13, 2012, 22:29
by Squibbs
xx
DEFRA registration

Started by Honeysuckle on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post May 03, 2011, 18:15
by Honeysuckle
xx
Defra Registration

Started by Prod on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post November 03, 2013, 15:44
by joyfull
xx
DEFRA register

Started by The Chicken Lady on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post May 13, 2007, 16:52
by GrannieAnnie

Page created in 0.271 seconds with 39 queries.