Morning all :)

• 222 Replies

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
Re: Morning all :)
« Reply #60 on: April 29, 2018, 20:59 »
46 bags of manure later

O M G you deserve a medal let alone a hot bath  ::)

snowdrops

« Reply #61 on: April 30, 2018, 08:34 »
46 bags of manure later

O M G you deserve a medal let alone a hot bath  ::)

Thanks Mum a large glass of Shiraz & a lovely roast lamb dinner did the trick, oh & a sit down with my feet up for the evening was all I could manage lol
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

snowdrops

« Reply #62 on: April 30, 2018, 08:36 »
Today is forecast heavy rain & wind, we’ve got the wind, so shall I tip the contents of the 11 bags of manure that are on the drive  onto the back garden or have a good clean up, not sure what needs it more

madcat

« Reply #63 on: April 30, 2018, 10:19 »
Go for the clean up and hope that the forecast of better weather comes true!   :)

I'm getting the sewing machine out as soon as I am finished on here ....  Pricking out can wait.
All we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about (Charles Kingsley)

Growster...

« Reply #64 on: April 30, 2018, 10:53 »
Just been out to buy a shirt in Cranbrook, and got drenched and nearly blown over... Also got soaked in Waitrose, but had a nice chat by the olive oil with our librarian chum who's a sweetheart!

Also forgot my wallet so had to do half the journey twice!

Funnily enough, the traffic lights were out in the village. They're normally absolute mayhem as the huge lorries take up all the room in our little roads! But today, with the bad weather, everyone was cautious, curteous and above all, slow, and we all went through as easy as an easy person's easy bits!

This is often the case, and we've noticed it before, traffic sorts itself out and finds its own levels if you let it!

snowdrops

« Reply #65 on: April 30, 2018, 13:24 »
Go for the clean up and hope that the forecast of better weather comes true!   :)

I'm getting the sewing machine out as soon as I am finished on here ....  Pricking out can wait.
Well we now have i sparkling clean bedroom & bathroom, scrubbed within an inch of its life, clean bedding as well of course. Me that another matter lol but it hasn’t rained yet! Lovely & sunny so I’m being tempted outside instead of the sewing I was going to do next. Mind you I’ve to peg the bedding on the line again before I can make a start, 3rd time already!!
So now the question is do I tip the manure or go to tha allotment with the new strawberry plants & try & get them in

Christine

« Reply #66 on: April 30, 2018, 18:49 »
I've spent the day changing emails for so many accounts it's ridiculous. Didn't realise that I lived so much online and shopped so much on line. I chickened out when I got here at the end of a long list, deleted the old me and thought it was just as easy to start again - same person, same place just a new email account.

It's all those places where you go shopping periodically that you want to have access to again that get to you. But I have a collection of emails for different things as long as a long arm. We'll get rid of one at least. If not two in the longer term. The moral is - never volunteer.

snowdrops

« Reply #67 on: April 30, 2018, 19:14 »
The garden won as it’s supposed to rain on Wednesday so I can sew then. Garden looks better for the 15 bagels of manure it got after I’d weeded & pruned 3 beds.
CB823BE0-7711-4131-90DA-163B4BEAD43B.jpeg
2C44AE37-C3F5-4BC7-9A5D-4635936696E7.jpeg
40A3DE7C-C871-43A8-B648-297ABC7E3C12.jpeg
« Last Edit: April 30, 2018, 19:16 by snowdrops »

madcat

« Reply #68 on: May 01, 2018, 09:40 »
The shed and workshop roofs were white this morning, the thermometer in the blow away had been down to 0, but it is now lovely.  Bright and very little wind.  Washing is out, 20 more mins and I'm off outside ....

Growster...

« Reply #69 on: May 01, 2018, 18:49 »
As we're giving up The Patch to a lovely family in October ( now actually), I've spent a great day reorganising the veg plot at home - a few more square yards of growing area, a tweak to the edges to make it all look good, and a chat with the greenhouse inhabitants...

We decided just a moment ago, that we'll do all the leeks here, but not in rows - just where they fit. It'll be beans and sweetcorn as well close by, and maybe some radish etc, but leeks don't really need to be on straight lines do they?

Toms are forging ahead, and we have blight at home so they'll need a good growbag - oh heck - just remembered - the soil I use in the pots is from the blight area...

Exit Growster, buy more big growbags on the list..:0(

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #70 on: May 01, 2018, 23:45 »
Don't worry Growster blight spores don't live in the soil over winter. It's only in the air, anew every year.

Growster...

« Reply #71 on: May 02, 2018, 09:21 »
Don't worry Growster blight spores don't live in the soil over winter. It's only in the air, anew every year.

Thank you Mum, I didn't know that!

What I always do is half-fill the 10" pots with garden soil, then top up with good bought compost. I can get four pots in each watering tray, so that way can fit up to sixteen tom plants in the greenhouse!

The big grow bags are for the cuces, and we're not growing peppers this year...

Not good round here today is it! 11 degrees? Paaaaah!

Going to get much better soon though!

Growster...

« Reply #72 on: May 02, 2018, 09:46 »
The new 'Patch at Home'...

The brown areas are the fallout from the yew tree in the churchyard behind. It all used to be this size until we took on the allotment, but I can now get all the beans in behind the four black currants, put the sweetcorn in a block in the middle, plant the leeks around the edges, and perhaps pop up a couple of wigwams for more beans.

I think we'll still be getting as much as we had down at The Patch, as you can just see the spuds in bags in the greenhouse, and we always spread the toms around the house as they then get the benefit of different sunshine, shade etc, also if blight comes along, it has happened that one side of the house got it, but the other side didn't!

Sorry about 'Lady Hillingdon' waving in front of the photo! I hope the original grand old lady wasn't as promiscuous as ours, she gets in all the places you least expect...;0)

DSCN8476.JPG

madcat

« Reply #73 on: May 02, 2018, 10:46 »
What a horrible morning!  Called in to the nursery to collect bags of compost (tried on Sunday afternoon but they had sold out!   :ohmy: ) and the man said "we are going to get a lot of lurkers today" and he was right!  I had just spent 10mins looking at seeds I didnt need in hope that the rain would ease....

Oh well inside jobs this morning and hopefully it will clear later.

snowdrops

« Reply #74 on: May 02, 2018, 14:11 »
Shopping ✅
Bread made ✅
Some ironing done✅
Lunch✅
Dinner organised✅
Time for a catch-up on here then to go & make some dolly’s pram bedding for little granddaughter .
Maybe pot on some toms at some point if I don’t have to swim to the shed/greenhouse
I love,love,love being retired 😂😂😂

xx
This morning I woke up...

Started by mumofstig on Chatting on the Plot

12 Replies
Last post November 25, 2020, 12:18
by mrs bouquet
xx
Macmillan Coffee Morning

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

2 Replies
Last post September 25, 2019, 17:02
by Pescador
xx
Early Morning Club

Started by Ma Lowe on Chatting on the Plot

2706 Replies
Last post July 03, 2019, 20:35
by Paul Plots
xx
Mobile having a funny turn this morning..

Started by mumofstig on Chatting on the Plot

6 Replies
Last post February 08, 2023, 12:10
by mumofstig

Page created in 0.149 seconds with 50 queries.