Early Morning Club

• 2706 Replies

Ma Lowe

• Allotment owner from Feb 2014
Re: Early Morning Club
« Reply #330 on: April 23, 2014, 06:42 »
No nightingale here just a dog snorting from a blocked nose bless her. Have tossed and turned since 5ish.

Turns out Bluebell has an upper respiratory infection and raised tempreture. Her lungs are clear but it's all in her nose. More antibiotics and another visit to vets on Friday. 
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 07:21 by Ma Lowe »

cadalot

« Reply #331 on: April 23, 2014, 07:38 »
Let's hope Bluebell get better soon, you have to keep an eye on Westies they suffer with allergies including hay fever and are known for their skin problems, we had problems with ours and he cost us a fortune to keep well, but he did last 15 years bless him. 

Ma Lowe

« Reply #332 on: April 23, 2014, 08:28 »
Let's hope Bluebell get better soon, you have to keep an eye on Westies they suffer with allergies including hay fever and are known for their skin problems, we had problems with ours and he cost us a fortune to keep well, but he did last 15 years bless him.

Tell me about it. We have had her from 8 weeks old and she was a year old on 15th april. We have been at the vets every month sometimes twice a month ever since we had her. She has had steroids  no end of antibiotics and is now on a new drug called Apoquel which is an inhibitor. She has also had skin tests. It has cost us a fortune so far and we still have some more test to do which are £400. I know they say a dog cost money but in no way was I expecting to be paying tha type of money out in the first year.

cadalot

« Reply #333 on: April 23, 2014, 09:19 »
Be careful with changing food that you give her again they can be allergic to chemicals and preservatives in food stuffs - also get them to check for demodex which is a mite that lives in skin (we have them in our eyebrows - but if their immune system is low the population can grow quickly and they get very itchy and can lick their fur off and make their skins bleed

Ma Lowe

« Reply #334 on: April 23, 2014, 10:20 »
Be careful with changing food that you give her again they can be allergic to chemicals and preservatives in food stuffs - also get them to check for demodex which is a mite that lives in skin (we have them in our eyebrows - but if their immune system is low the population can grow quickly and they get very itchy and can lick their fur off and make their skins bleed

The skin samples and blood test she had in February were for all different mites and that came back ok. It's a nightmare knowing what to do what food to give her etc  :(

Springlands

« Reply #335 on: April 23, 2014, 11:20 »
Ma - has she been tested for diabetes - a friends Westie has it.  It gets injections for it and leads a full life.  :)

Ma Lowe

« Reply #336 on: April 23, 2014, 11:34 »
Ma - has she been tested for diabetes - a friends Westie has it.  It gets injections for it and leads a full life.  :)

I am not sure Springy. Will ask the vet on Friday. I know she had bloods taken in February but can't remember what she said they were testing for altogether.

jrko

« Reply #337 on: April 24, 2014, 01:44 »
Oh lord I'm still up.....again
Hello.  My name is James, the builder of Evil Shed mkII and The Greenhouse of Doom.  Please enjoy the madness of my Plot Diary here:
http://chat.allotment-garden.org/index.php?topic=107298.0

jrko

« Reply #338 on: April 24, 2014, 03:33 »
No point going to sleep now  ::)

tosca100

• New start, new life in BG
« Reply #339 on: April 24, 2014, 03:37 »
Warm and muggy night meant keeping the window open, which means village noises, rain and nightingale waking me through the night. I will get used to it again but at the moment everything wakes me. I will be grouchy today and will not be able to get peppers and aubergines planted as planned.  >:(Ah well, card making will keep me out of everyone's way.

Paul Plots

« Reply #340 on: April 24, 2014, 05:20 »

That's what I thought around 3am so here I still am and listening to the feathered flappers outside gradually waking up. St George's Day yesterday and what would have been my grandfather's birthday. A lovely chap he was. 

I'm off to bed soon before it's time for me to make tea and breakfast for my mother. Not slept as I've been wrestling with the complications of managing my mother's finances and dealing with my little sister's latest performance.

"You won't stop me taking my mother on holiday."
Correct. Despite thinking it a completely mad idea - I won't.

If Mum wants to go I will not stand in the way. If she doesn't want to she will have to tell her daughter herself as I've had more than my share of rows with the woman. At 94 and none too robust I think it a mad idea for my/our mother to whisked away. Days out - Yes. Three nights away in unfamiliar surrounding and no chance to sleep for hours each day - No. Especially when my sister has no more than a 6 hour stretch of experience of Caring for her.

When, sadly, I one day find myself no longer a carer I think I may well write a book... no one would believe it. Sometimes I don't myself.  :mellow:  :wacko:
Never keep your wish-bone where your back-bone ought to be.

snowdrops

« Reply #341 on: April 24, 2014, 06:48 »
Warm and muggy night meant keeping the window open, which means village noises, rain and nightingale waking me through the night. I will get used to it again but at the moment everything wakes me. I will be grouchy today and will not be able to get peppers and aubergines planted as planned.  >:(Ah well, card making will keep me out of everyone's way.

Did you have trouble sleeping in England Tosca? Sounds like it's a long term problem, what sort of things have you tried to remedy it?

I woke throughout the night but was able to get back to sleep quickly. Awake just before 6 & last night decided I would start getting up when I wake then. I've been finding if I get cross I'm awake again but feel tired still I drop off into a deep sleep & then when I get up I'm groggy for hours & don't get started on anything until nearly lunchtime. I wanted to get another load of washing in so I can get all 4 loads pegged out before I go to the plot. It's bonfire day today 9-3 so I want to make the most of it  :lol:  I'll come back like a kipper  :lol:
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

Ma Lowe

« Reply #342 on: April 24, 2014, 08:32 »

That's what I thought around 3am so here I still am and listening to the feathered flappers outside gradually waking up. St George's Day yesterday and what would have been my grandfather's birthday. A lovely chap he was. 

I'm off to bed soon before it's time for me to make tea and breakfast for my mother. Not slept as I've been wrestling with the complications of managing my mother's finances and dealing with my little sister's latest performance.

"You won't stop me taking my mother on holiday."
Correct. Despite thinking it a completely mad idea - I won't.

If Mum wants to go I will not stand in the way. If she doesn't want to she will have to tell her daughter herself as I've had more than my share of rows with the woman. At 94 and none too robust I think it a mad idea for my/our mother to whisked away. Days out - Yes. Three nights away in unfamiliar surrounding and no chance to sleep for hours each day - No. Especially when my sister has no more than a 6 hour stretch of experience of Caring for her.

When, sadly, I one day find myself no longer a carer I think I may well write a book... no one would believe it. Sometimes I don't myself.  :mellow:  :wacko:

Paul it probably won't be such a bad thing because then your mother will hopefully get a true glimpse of your sisters selfishness and your sister will see what it is like to have to look after your mum 24/7 . It's not ideal but some good May come out of it with you at least getting some respite and more allotment time  :D

Had a lie in this morning which was must needed. Hoping to get some more seeds sown and then do an inventory of what  I have sown altogether.

Paul Plots

« Reply #343 on: April 24, 2014, 14:10 »
Up and at'em...
* tea and breakfast done
* washing done and out
* lunch prepared and left ready
* phone calls and paper-work sorted
(my second morning)

Now some me time...  :)

You're right Ma Lowe... it's now up to my mother. The best of British luck to her whatever she chooses.

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #344 on: April 24, 2014, 15:26 »
Paul Plots
« Reply #343 on: Today at 14:10 »

Should we rename this the Early Afternoon Club ? ;)  ::)

xx
Early morning bird antics, happen to you?

Started by AlaninCarlisle on Chatting on the Plot

10 Replies
Last post July 06, 2023, 11:57
by DanielCoffey
xx
Book Club - the film

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

0 Replies
Last post June 05, 2018, 15:34
by mrs bouquet
xx
Morning all :)

Started by mumofstig on Chatting on the Plot

222 Replies
Last post July 29, 2018, 10:01
by Growster...
xx
Went to my local Gardening Club evening...

Started by Rhys on Chatting on the Plot

2 Replies
Last post February 26, 2018, 21:49
by Rhys

Page created in 0.126 seconds with 45 queries.