Early Morning Club

• 2706 Replies

Steveharford

Re: Early Morning Club
« Reply #120 on: March 22, 2014, 06:43 »
Yep they still make the Morgan here. Still going strong despite ignoring Sir John Harvey Jones advice :-)

Growster...

« Reply #121 on: March 22, 2014, 06:46 »
Yep they still make the Morgan here. Still going strong despite ignoring Sir John Harvey Jones advice :-)

Thankyou!

I love the story of a bloke who got on the waiting list, and by the time he took delivery, he'd put on so much weight, he couldn't fit behind the steering wheel!

Great car - wish I'd had one!

(My dad was engineer at Braces Leigh - Guinness Hop Farms! The big oast I designed is still there I think - well I hope so!)

Steveharford

« Reply #122 on: March 22, 2014, 06:46 »
Just thinking maybe it was the Foley Arms in Malvern but then I still see the ex owner about here and I doubt he would still be alive if he drank like that :-)

Steveharford

« Reply #123 on: March 22, 2014, 06:49 »
Yes those were the days when you could take delivery and immediately sell it for a massive profit ! Oooops !

Growster...

« Reply #124 on: March 22, 2014, 06:51 »
Just thinking maybe it was the Foley Arms in Malvern but then I still see the ex owner about here and I doubt he would still be alive if he drank like that :-)

Hmmm...it could have been 'The Foley'...

Trouble is, it was in back in 1974, and I was on my my first job away from home and wife and family, so minds wander after forty years..;0)

blackberryjam

« Reply #125 on: March 22, 2014, 06:57 »
Enjoy your trip to Cornwall Ma, maybe the sea air will help you sleep better.

Ma Lowe

• Allotment owner from Feb 2014
« Reply #126 on: March 22, 2014, 07:00 »
Enjoy your trip to Cornwall Ma, maybe the sea air will help you sleep better.

Thank you. I hope so too bit if you see me on here you know it hasn't worked  :D

cadalot

« Reply #127 on: March 22, 2014, 07:20 »
Can't sleep too much running round my head wether we have got everything for our trip to Cornwall ..... oooo towels and tea towels .... See I would have forgot them  :nowink:
 I can always catch up with a few zzzzz in the car on the way down. The birds are so noisy this morning lol.

Typical fell to sleep on the settee at 9:00ish  last night just woke up 12:30 and now have to go the bed and will not be able to get back to sleep Doh! 

UPDATE Back up awake at just after 2 in the morning and decided to potter around on the computer and tidy my little office so that I get knackered enough to get back to sleep so I guess and hour or so and then I will try again 

Did you get back to sleep after pottering around on the computerr :D

Yes and no ... got back into bed and only woke up twice - but then up a 6:00 and have been doing the business accounts - now having breakfast and reading typing here the girls are all still upstairs asleep  ::)

surbie100

• Winner Prettiest Pumpkin - 2014
« Reply #128 on: March 22, 2014, 07:36 »
been up for an hour, bathroom now sparkles. bacon sarnie then plotwards - happy Saturday all!  :)

Ma Lowe

• Allotment owner from Feb 2014
« Reply #129 on: March 22, 2014, 07:45 »
Can't sleep too much running round my head wether we have got everything for our trip to Cornwall ..... oooo towels and tea towels .... See I would have forgot them  :nowink:
 I can always catch up with a few zzzzz in the car on the way down. The birds are so noisy this morning lol.

Typical fell to sleep on the settee at 9:00ish  last night just woke up 12:30 and now have to go the bed and will not be able to get back to sleep Doh! 

UPDATE Back up awake at just after 2 in the morning and decided to potter around on the computer and tidy my little office so that I get knackered enough to get back to sleep so I guess and hour or so and then I will try again 

Did you get back to sleep after pottering around on the computerr :D

Yes and no ... got back into bed and only woke up twice - but then up a 6:00 and have been doing the business accounts - now having breakfast and reading typing here the girls are all still upstairs asleep  ::)

It's hard to switch off when you have your own business. So much to do and think about no wonder sleepless nights.

been up for an hour, bathroom now sparkles. bacon sarnie then plotwards - happy Saturday all!  :)

I can just smell that bacon Surbie mmmmm

Hubby has just said as we are awake so early let's have an hour on the plot before we go. Nooooooo chance :ohmy: I have too much to sort. Right I am off folks have a good week

Ma x

Asherweef

« Reply #130 on: March 22, 2014, 08:38 »
Enjoy Ma  :)

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #131 on: March 22, 2014, 13:53 »
If my brain is going round at 100mph overnight, I usually put the radio on very quietly.  Usually R5 but sometimes R4 instead.  I find that my brain engages sufficiently with the speech to be distracted from my thoughts, but it's quiet enough to allow me to drop off without disturbance once ready.
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

Beetroot Queen

« Reply #132 on: March 22, 2014, 15:36 »
Should have logged on her at 1.10 am this morning when Harrison threw up so violently that our whole bed including old lady electric blanket needed to be stripped. Thank you Harrison.  ::)

pigguns

• Mitcham, South London
« Reply #133 on: March 22, 2014, 16:56 »
Awake before 6, almost got up but made myself stay there, and woke at a much more reasonable 8am when hubby brought me a coffee  :)  I may stay up 'late' today with the grown-ups  :D rather than dropping off mid film.

Fairy Plotmother

« Reply #134 on: March 22, 2014, 17:13 »
If my brain is going round at 100mph overnight, I usually put the radio on very quietly.  Usually R5 but sometimes R4 instead.  I find that my brain engages sufficiently with the speech to be distracted from my thoughts, but it's quiet enough to allow me to drop off without disturbance once ready.
Snap Yorkie. I also plug my self into Radio 4 which turns into the World Service at 1 am. There are some very interesting programmes on....but I don't usually hear to the end!!!!! ::)

xx
Early morning bird antics, happen to you?

Started by AlaninCarlisle on Chatting on the Plot

10 Replies
Last post July 06, 2023, 11:57
by DanielCoffey
xx
Book Club - the film

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

0 Replies
Last post June 05, 2018, 15:34
by mrs bouquet
xx
Morning all :)

Started by mumofstig on Chatting on the Plot

222 Replies
Last post July 29, 2018, 10:01
by Growster...
xx
Went to my local Gardening Club evening...

Started by Rhys on Chatting on the Plot

2 Replies
Last post February 26, 2018, 21:49
by Rhys

Page created in 0.115 seconds with 46 queries.