Festive season, anyone else bored?

• 20 Replies

Lardman

Re: Festive season, anyone else bored?
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2023, 18:02 »
Which brand did you use before I trash my oven. 
Mine was just standard mr muscle oven cleaner, it's been under the sink for over a decade and I've used it previously without ill effects.

The only thing I can think of it some sort of chemical reaction with the no scratch pad I used to clean up with this time.  I even tried a cutting compound on the hob to see if that would clean it off. Whatever it is its deep under the surface as everything is glass smooth to the touch.  I'f Id have known Id have stuck with washing up liquid and elbow grease, looks a right mess.

Growster...

« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2023, 06:32 »
Which brand did you use before I trash my oven. 
Mine was just standard mr muscle oven cleaner, it's been under the sink for over a decade and I've used it previously without ill effects.

The only thing I can think of it some sort of chemical reaction with the no scratch pad I used to clean up with this time.  I even tried a cutting compound on the hob to see if that would clean it off. Whatever it is its deep under the surface as everything is glass smooth to the touch.  I'f Id have known Id have stuck with washing up liquid and elbow grease, looks a right mess.

That's rotten for you, Lards!

I've certainly given up on our oven now as I noticed some of the white powdery residue was getting into the baking pans etc., so I'm off to Argos this morning for one of their mini-cookers - we prefer the desk-top type as getting down that low is a bit wearing on the Growsterknees...

If our combi-microwave instructions weren't written in Pidgin Swahili - (Latin version), we'd use that more often as it does a superb job on basic functions, but hellfire, there are too few hours every day to try and understand how it all works on serious stuff!
« Last Edit: January 02, 2023, 06:33 by Growster... »

Lardman

« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2023, 09:55 »
If I was at all house proud Mrs G, Id be joining you in buying a replacement. It's normally covered in burn food, spilt pasta and saucepan splatter so it's probably visually less of state than usual, just annoys me more.

I see you're also now fast approaching the waist to chin generation, fridge and freezer will be next  :D   I'm a one button microwave man - there's nothing that the +30 seconds button can't do .    :lol:

Growster...

« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2023, 18:15 »
Ha ha ha!

It's when you take the old one outside to be dumped that you realise that all those little shadows aren't shadows, but bits you've missed when cleaning the thing!

A few years ago, our old oven caught fire in the grill, for the usual reason of hot fat spitting upwards! I cleaned it away as soon as I could and forgot about it all until we replaced the whole thing a few years later! Turning it on its side to carry out to the tip showed up a huge melted burnt area and a really nasty looking state of affairs, but I'd missed all that!

The upside of today however, is that the new cooker is now in place, and as Sainsbury's (Argos) in Staplehurst is the only place locally where you can buy my fave lager - Pils, it hasn't been such a bad day!

jaydig

« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2023, 18:47 »
So bored I've cleaned the oven.
I almost submitted to the temptation to clean mine today.  I went to sit for a bit until the urge left me, then took every book off my very large bookcases and reorganised them instead!

Christine

« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2023, 07:24 »
I spent quite some time emailing allotmnent holders reminding them to pay their plot rent for the comming year. I have a pile of letters to go out - am going to ask the committee to see how many can be hand delivered to save cash.

xx
I am soooo Bored !

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

11 Replies
Last post January 17, 2019, 15:30
by jaydig
xx
Festive preparations.

Started by WeavingGryphon on Chatting on the Plot

22 Replies
Last post January 03, 2020, 12:10
by mrs bouquet
xx
A certain festive time already?

Started by Goosegirl on Chatting on the Plot

1 Replies
Last post July 29, 2018, 13:46
by Christine
xx
Next season

Started by AlaninCarlisle on Chatting on the Plot

6 Replies
Last post October 27, 2019, 12:50
by mrs bouquet

Page created in 0.142 seconds with 44 queries.