Sonic Cat repellers any good against Rabbits?

• 4 Replies

thestens

• Experienced Member
Sonic Cat repellers any good against Rabbits?
« on: October 06, 2016, 10:31 »
Is this the correct forum? I have a rabbit problem. Do the battery powered cat repellers work against  rabbits
Taken over neglected veg garden at new home. Enemy number 1 Ground Elder. Then there is the furry terror - bunnies - to contend with!
Made a start have beds established but moved in too late for serious planting. We shall see what 2015 brings.

Tom Hill

• Experienced Member
  • Mastiff Lover
Re: Sonic Cat repellers any good against Rabbits?
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2016, 11:35 »
I have found that nothing works for long against rabbits.  A gun is good for individuals.
Sometimes it is better to keep your mouth shut and be suspected of knowing nothing than opening it and proving it.

snow white

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2016, 19:12 »
Physical barrier.  A fence about 4ft high and buried under the ground as well if you intend to cover the whole plot or just use wire cages for the plants you want to protect.

AlaninCarlisle

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2016, 20:50 »
I have found that sonic cat repellers are pretty useless against cats

madcat

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2016, 11:04 »
Wire netting barriers are debatable in their effectiveness.  The rabbits can climb them if they want to - we have watched a couple do just that when we have suprised them.  They climbed back into the allotment for safety off the path!   :ohmy: :mad:

The main thing to remember is that they are fairly stupid and go for the easy pickings ...  Hmmm, is that stupid?  :unsure:  Anyway we find that if there is nice green grass on the central path and they cant see our plants, they hop on past.  So our beds are surrounded by a lightweight barrier of fleece or weed fabric (thank you Aldi) that they could bounce through in a second if they wanted, but because they cant see anything that they want, they dont.  The plants get a bit warmer micro climate, but a bit more shading (nothing comes for free!) and it seems to work.

I didnt find the sonic things that they sell for moles worked for moles - I dont think the wee beasties ever read the instructions.   :( :)
All we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about (Charles Kingsley)

xx
Sonic Mole Scarers

Started by Beejay on Grow Your Own

4 Replies
Last post May 04, 2009, 19:49
by Dal
xx
Rabbits?

Started by chillimummy on Grow Your Own

4 Replies
Last post May 12, 2020, 20:51
by chillimummy
xx
Rabbits (again)

Started by WG. on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post May 28, 2007, 15:21
by David.
xx
rabbits

Started by monsta on Grow Your Own

24 Replies
Last post February 23, 2010, 16:09
by mumofstig

Page created in 0.299 seconds with 36 queries.