Eggs in the incubator !! There will be piccies!

• 20 Replies

WR1

• Experienced Member
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2008, 22:10 »
Thank you kate .

Do you think we should check them before the 14th day to take the empty ones out too make sure they dont burst.?

Sorry about all the quistions just new too hatching through a incubator ! :oops:

From Catii
What came first the chicken or the egg ???

What do you put in the toaster ?

Kate and her Ducks

« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2008, 06:53 »
If you are not sure you can leave them a couple more days but if they are completely clear at this stage I would throw them out :cry:
Be like a duck. Calm on the surface but always paddling like the dickens underneath.

WR1

• Experienced Member
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2008, 09:38 »
Ok thank you .

Me and my familly are haveing a bet as how many eggs will hatch soo how many do you think??
Clue-10 are fertile , 9 not sure, 4 defenatly not !!!!

We have got a Brinsea Octogan 20 incubator digatol , a friend told us that its much easier and safer to not add any water because you can drown the eggs. But should you leave it with no water at all ??

Many thanks

Cati

Kate and her Ducks

« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2008, 19:02 »
No, you really need to add water (as per the instructions). Don't know any thing about this type of incubator but eggs need humidity or they dry out too quickly and the chicks can't hatch. Lots of incubators have humidity monitors built in to tell you the percentage humidity which you can alter to suit the breed of bird and the stage of incubation (needs to be higher in the final 3 days). If not you can buy individual hygrometers (think thats what they are called).

chooknewbie

• Experienced Member
  • ooo i make a good lookin Zombie...
    • Fanciful Faces
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2008, 19:43 »
i have an octagon 10 which i had to buy the hygrometer for, but am pretty sure that the 20 has the hygrometer built in...at least i think it does!...definately need the water...i have had to fill both my wells in order to get the humidity up to the required 40 mark...gonna have to add a pot near to hatching time to see if i can bump it up any further....not very happy due to risk of drowing but if i dont then they wont hatch in the first place let alone drown!

WR1

• Experienced Member
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2008, 20:38 »
Thank you for the help!!

Sad news we were seperating the unfertile and throwing them but we came across a cracket one wich we had accedentaly cracked when we picket it up we put it too the candeler and it looked just like a black thing but we thought it might have died :( soo we went and cracket it open but it was alive but the thing is we have too leave it die now in pain because we cant put it back in the egg :(:( :cry:  :(   Well atleast i dont think soo :(

From Catii

xx
four day old eggs in incubator

Started by littlefeat on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post October 23, 2007, 11:41
by littlefeat
xx
Eggs for Incubator

Started by Prod on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post August 19, 2015, 10:15
by Prod
xx
eggs in incubator

Started by chelle on The Hen House

7 Replies
Last post July 05, 2007, 20:55
by chicksforkicks
xx
Eggs for incubator

Started by Thompson24 on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post May 17, 2009, 21:35
by meterman

Page created in 0.2 seconds with 36 queries.