weather gone mad

• 39 Replies

Bob

weather gone mad
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2008, 15:26 »
Wet and windy here.  Thunder storms last night.  The first real rain we have had since April!

Sadgit

• Village Idiot
    • Middlesbrough Weather
weather gone mad
« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2008, 15:49 »
this wind is unreal and scary... house is shaking and I know for a fact my beans and peas will be destroyed.. I hate summer!!!!

FCG

weather gone mad
« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2008, 17:03 »
Gusty here, very weird. It'll be totally calm for 2-5 minutes then gale like a hurricane. Here i'm getting everything rolling down the mersey.

Pompey Spud

weather gone mad
« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2008, 19:21 »
I do feel sorry for you lot North of Winchester. A good stiff sea breeze of the Solent & sunny skies. Good yachting weather apparently.

Rained heavily on Friday night & has turned a lot cooler.

PUP!
Top tip for camping....don't go.

mashbintater

• Experienced Member
weather gone mad
« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2008, 21:40 »
The gales are hammering my beloved ickle garden. I've so little space. I've mainly planted 1 or 2 of everything so the damage is soul destroying.  2 of my tom plants were horizontal, 1 actually had it's first open flower :cry:  It's in the house at the moment.The others are lower ground, I've just tried to secure them all again.
 My garden chair had blown into 1 of my 2 cuc plants and knocked it over. They each have a flower and are only a foot tall. I'd potted a sage seedling for my beloved dad who's just been diagnosed, well, I'll just say long term ill. I'd left it on my patio table to take it to him tomorrow, and the lot blew over. It's now in the house along with a chili pepper plant. My other varying pepper plants I only planted out a couple of days ago, not looking happy.  My potato haulms are now side on aaaaaagh! My buddliea has toppled over my sprout plant. It's all miniscule in comparison to others, it's just the first time I've had a chance in over 20yrs to give growing my own a real go. Lord knows what I'm gona salvage out of it all  :cry: I've brought in what I can, the rest is oooooh! That wind!!!!!  :shock:

kezlou

weather gone mad
« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2008, 21:52 »
I decided to venture out today with my children and boy did i regret it. Had to rescue them both off the swings, nearly got blown into main road repeatedly.
On the way back managed to miss the bus even though i was ten minutes early so was the flipping bus grrrr  :evil:

As we were walking home in freezing gale force winds, noticed half the streets in Pallister Park had been closed, hence no buses due to wind breaking the trees.
Luckily my OH walked to meet me and helped carry both of our children home. The wind was that bad my youngest got picked up into the air luckily i had hold of me.
The house is still shaking not blooming good i tell ya  :evil:
Who needs a guard-dog when you can have cats for guards!

WebSiteEvo

• Experienced Member
  • Growing in North Yorkshire :)
    • Goji Cafe in York
weather gone mad
« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2008, 14:45 »
I returned from a trip away over the weekend to find tree branches on the lawn, potato plants flat at one end, tomatoes plants damaged, French beans damaged , onions flat. Watering can not where I left it.  red currents blown off the plant unripe, Many pots on their sides.   :(
http://www.websiteevo.com/veg_patch.jpg[/img]
3nd Year @ organic vegetable gardening & forest gardening
----------------------------------

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
weather gone mad
« Reply #37 on: June 24, 2008, 18:32 »
Oh dear, Evo  :cry:

I hope the damage wasn't irretrievable once you'd got over the shock.

I haven't yet ventured down to the lottie to inspect damage.  At least my beans may still be intact - one benefit from the fact they haven't started climbing yet!
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

Tinbasher

• Experienced Member
weather gone mad
« Reply #38 on: June 25, 2008, 11:09 »
Quote from: "WebSiteEvo"
I returned from a trip away over the weekend to find tree branches on the lawn, potato plants flat at one end, tomatoes plants damaged, French beans damaged , onions flat. Watering can not where I left it.  red currents blown off the plant unripe, Many pots on their sides.   :(

Aye, I just posted on this subject on a separate thread.  I hadn't seen this thread initially and thought everyone had somehow missed the winds, or coped with them or done something I hadn't.  Foolish of course, I knew it couldn't just be me.

So what's the answer - or isn't there one?

Tinbasher

• Experienced Member
weather gone mad
« Reply #39 on: June 25, 2008, 11:11 »
Quote from: "WebSiteEvo"

Aye, I just posted on this subject on a separate thread.  I hadn't seen this thread initially and thought everyone had somehow missed the winds, or coped with them or done something I hadn't.  Foolish of course, I knew it couldn't just be me.

So what's the answer - or isn't there one?

xx
bad weather.

Started by mrpotatohead on Grow Your Own

1 Replies
Last post June 17, 2012, 10:19
by Yorkie
xx
Weather

Started by BostonInbred on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post March 20, 2010, 20:08
by Missy1970
xx
weather

Started by alancas on Grow Your Own

13 Replies
Last post July 16, 2012, 12:10
by Amilo
xx
The Weather.....

Started by Mark's Sussex Allotment on Grow Your Own

7 Replies
Last post March 23, 2013, 22:49
by GrannieAnnie

Page created in 0.314 seconds with 40 queries.