Idiots!!!

• 76 Replies

al78

Re: Idiots!!!
« Reply #75 on: April 20, 2020, 12:28 »
So I have just been told its legal to drive to countryside to exercise!

The chap said its in the papers...
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/16/driving-for-exercise-allowed-under-lockdown-rules-police-advised-coronavirus

The world is barking mad.

As long as the walk takes longer than the drive, is what I heard.

The document categorically states it is “lawful to drive for exercise”. However, driving for a prolonged period for only brief exercise would “not likely” be a reasonable excuse I guess would cover that, but that would allow me to in effect drive for 1 hour (lake district) to walk for an hour! Very very grey area do you think Aunty?

Driving for an hour to walk for an hour is not exercising far more than driving, given you have to drive for another hour to get home again. The guideline is amined at local journeys, and is in the context of whether it is ok to drive a few miles, not 100 miles to do a full day hill walk (it has been clearly stated that national parks do not want visitors at this time). The objective of the guidelines needs to be understood, and initiative used in interpreting them (we are humans with intelligence, not machines only capable of following instructions to the letter).

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
Re: Idiots!!!
« Reply #76 on: April 20, 2020, 13:39 »
Some are not intelligent enough to make that decision and some are just pig headed and will do as they please.  Luckily most are able to do the right thing.

Page created in 0.184 seconds with 40 queries.