Chicken not well

• 35 Replies

lisa80

Re: Chicken not well
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2009, 07:54 »
hi there ,really sorry you lost your girls , we have decided only to buy our birds from the 2 people we have dealt with before in the hope the same thing doesnt happen to us .I agree with dizzie lizzie nip into the vets and explain what has happened at least if you have antibiotics in the house you can react at the first sign of trouble. :)we have been lucky as we didnt quarentine(not sure i spelt that right!!) but we will be sure to in the future,im so attached to our girls now :)

nzdunn

« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2009, 08:33 »
just caught up aswell, so sorry you lost the other two its just alwful for you and not a great start to keeping chickens, please stay positive though, i would really agree with lizzies advice, ring the vet for a chat,  he may prescribe somthing for your other girlies as a precaution.   Good luck to you and please keep us posted.   Nickyx

newChickenMummy

• Experienced Member
« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2009, 12:49 »
So sorry you lost your girls  :( the person you bought them from sounds like a right a-hole.

I hope your other chooks are ok xxx

nzdunn

« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2009, 14:34 »
hows everything today ma lowe, are your other girls still ok.   NIckyx

Ma Lowe

• Allotment owner from Feb 2014
« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2009, 15:23 »
They seem ok Nicky but I don't know if I have over done it with the cleaning now lol. New thread "Big Clean"

woodside farm

• Experienced Member
    • Poultry Auction
« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2009, 17:54 »
This is very disturbing, a good breeder should always take birds back, and if one became ill within 24hours, with the symptoms you describe there is a risk that the bird had some sort of infection.

This is  absolutely unacceptable that you have not been offered a refund plus the fact they have refused to take the birds back.

Roughly how many birds did they have? What sort of set up? Sounds like a little visit by Defra might be what they need ;)

I agree totaly, the person you got them from  should be DEFRA registered and this is the reason why, so they can be checked out and stop any disease spreading.
Really sorry about your loss, I would give DEFRA a ring if I where you to stop this happening to anyone else.

Michelle xx
http://www.woodside-farm-chickens.webs.com/
*-:¦:-•*quis goes inter*•-:¦:-•:* adveho inter*•-:¦:-*

xx
New Chicken ~Owner with Chicken Emergency

Started by Jae Dawn on The Hen House

8 Replies
Last post August 15, 2010, 23:22
by Thingy
xx
How do i get the chicken of the egg?

Started by Boroboy on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post November 27, 2009, 14:39
by Casey76
xx
I need chicken help!

Started by chelsap on The Hen House

15 Replies
Last post June 19, 2010, 13:42
by Jeanette
xx
chicken poo

Started by brrian on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post July 09, 2011, 02:47
by hillfooter

Page created in 0.26 seconds with 34 queries.