Feel like packing it all in and giving up.

• 35 Replies

fibilou

• Experienced Member
  • I love life !!
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2008, 13:10 »
Quote from: "Sir Growalot"
I agree, I am a serving Community Bobby in Cheshire and would be happy to take on these yobs on my patch the only problem is the public don't report the crimes as John suggests, so the police and pcso's aren't aware of the scale of the problem.
A letter to the head of the local community police depatment outlining the problem will help, as will an article in the local press.

Good luck

As another officer, I entirely second this. Make a nuisance of yourselves and report everything.

And some of us do care about allotment vandalism ! It's just so hard to try and track down the little sh*ts responsible.
Happy, hippy mama with a love of baking, gardening and cake decorating

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2008, 14:14 »
Quote from: "fibilou"
As another officer, I entirely second this. Make a nuisance of yourselves and report everything.

And some of us do care about allotment vandalism ! It's just so hard to try and track down the little sh*ts responsible.

Well we've got photo's of the little bees at it!!! Yipppee. They live around the corner so shouldn't require CSI Crewe to track down. Being serious, a strong word from a policeman at this stage could prevent a multitude of problems in the future.

I do think a good scare in time can save a fistful of asbos later.  Of course, it all depends on the parents attitude.
Check out our books - ideal presents

John and Val Harrison's Books

sawnee

• Experienced Member
« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2008, 15:26 »
So sorry to hear this Fatbelly,  I can understand how this would bring you down but dont give up.
Maybe leave the greenhouse as it is until thing have been resolved?
I would make a real pest of myself (and anyone else that you can get to 'get involved') with the council, police etc.
  If this doesnt work I have heard about people leaving 'litter' on site as well  :shock:  things like wire across paths and bits of old wood with nails through left outside sheds and greenhouses!
Allotment sites can be dangerous places in the dark  :lol:
WHAT IS THE WORLD COMING TO?
"You must cut down the mightiest Oak of the forest,with a ......... Herring!"
(Holy Grail)

crackedflowerpots

« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2008, 17:52 »
Quote from: "sawnee"
So sorry to hear this Fatbelly,  I can understand how this would bring you down but dont give up.
Maybe leave the greenhouse as it is until thing have been resolved?
I would make a real pest of myself (and anyone else that you can get to 'get involved') with the council, police etc.
  If this doesnt work I have heard about people leaving 'litter' on site as well  :shock:  things like wire across paths and bits of old wood with nails through left outside sheds and greenhouses!
Allotment sites can be dangerous places in the dark  :lol:
WHAT IS THE WORLD COMING TO?

i hate litter but we can all be careless sometimes :wink:
if it grows, it grows! if it doesnt ,, ah well .. there's always next year. :-)

Charlie

« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2008, 20:52 »
you have my sympathy Fatbelly
we had no end of problems (vandalism,theft) we all contacted our council independently, and made a pest (can't spell nuisance) of ourselves.
we now have security fencing all round the plot (look like a POW camp) and now plot holders are leaving tools out, and its a much nicer place to be .

cooperman

• Experienced Member
  • glass bottle bottle glass
« Reply #35 on: May 01, 2008, 23:09 »
hmmmm its a pain in the butt scenario...... Happened a few years back round our way, but not our plot, turned out to be a couple of very young teenagers, and thats all it takes, its not a load of Vikings pillaging and looting, just a couple of scrots with nothing better to do......  Mind you if one of my lads when they were 12/13 was out very late at night I would want to know what they where up to, its all about parenting.......
Death OR Cake ???

xx
Feel like giving up!!

Started by steve56616 on Grow Your Own

28 Replies
Last post June 26, 2010, 13:38
by Onei
xx
crying and feel like giving up!!!

Started by crazy-potting-lady on Grow Your Own

31 Replies
Last post May 28, 2009, 13:50
by mark.carline
xx
What to plant in some wooden packing crates

Started by AnneB on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post May 06, 2012, 22:18
by AnneB
xx
I feel very far behind!

Started by debih on Grow Your Own

14 Replies
Last post April 20, 2012, 19:43
by yorkiegal

Page created in 0.321 seconds with 38 queries.