Mother in law's tongue. Can it survive one lot of over watering?

• 4 Replies

londongardener

• Experienced Member
My mother in law's tongue was very dry (leaves dropping).  So I watered it a bit too much.  It was standing in water for a bit (no idea how long).  Should it survive if I leave it alone for a bit?
« Last Edit: October 06, 2009, 16:11 by londongardener »

madcat

Yeh - fret not, you will probably get away with it.  Pour away the excess and leave out of draughts and not too chilly.  It'll be okay.  Might lose a leaf or two, but probably not, as it won't have had chance to get too cold.  If you did this in February you might have more problem as it would take longer to take up/evaporate the excess water and the roots would have chance to rot.  There is always an upside! 
All we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about (Charles Kingsley)

londongardener

• Experienced Member
Yeh - fret not, you will probably get away with it.  Pour away the excess and leave out of draughts and not too chilly.  It'll be okay.  Might lose a leaf or two, but probably not, as it won't have had chance to get too cold.  If you did this in February you might have more problem as it would take longer to take up/evaporate the excess water and the roots would have chance to rot.  There is always an upside! 
I can't pour away the excess. It is in the office and for complicated reasons I can't.
I will be able to - trains permitting - first thing tomorrow.

Although I suppose the air conditioning will help dry it.

madcat

Air con will be great for it at the moment!  But I can see why it got too dried out - air con is murderous on my skin!  And at least in your office it wont get frosted anytime - which is how I killed my nice yellow edged m-i-ls tongue.  Sitting on the window ledge in the dining room ...  but the heating was off and the door shut when it went really cold one night a few years back.   :(  The all green one was very poorly but survived ..... clearly a tougher beast!

pedro

mine survived to much Gin. :D

xx
Resecue mother in law's tongue

Started by londongardener on General Gardening

2 Replies
Last post November 21, 2013, 17:01
by pigguns
xx
Will it survive.......

Started by mrs bouquet on General Gardening

3 Replies
Last post October 28, 2020, 10:57
by mrs bouquet
xx
watering plants

Started by chrissie B on General Gardening

6 Replies
Last post April 18, 2009, 11:34
by chrissie B
xx
which 'roses' for our watering cans??

Started by fisher on General Gardening

6 Replies
Last post April 28, 2011, 20:34
by fisher

Page created in 0.15 seconds with 38 queries.