Sickly Pullet

• 4 Replies

Des C

Sickly Pullet
« on: November 12, 2007, 09:58 »
Lost a Light Sussex pullet on Saturday morning. Admittedly, she had been fretting since her arrival. Found her in the pen, drinking non-stop and passing lots of liquid. Within an hour, she was falling over, eyes shut and wings trailing. I have moved the pen where I had the new pullets and disinfected the ground just in case it's anything infectious. I'll delay integrating the newbies for a couple of weeks.
My youngest daughter who helps me with the birds was a bit upset but I think it will prove to be a useful lesson for her. I'm a bit cheesed off myself as these are the first new birds I have tried to introduce - I hope I have more success with the others. They are all thriving but with my luck..........

muntjac

Sickly Pullet
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2007, 10:03 »
hiys des ? did you isolate the other 2 birds from the original ones when you brought them in ?. when you say  disinfected the new soil  this wasnt neccasary  but what did you use .as the plant material in the new coop may have been a pathway for the chemical to poison the bird. i suggest you dont do anything like this anymore as it isnt needed and move the coop onto fresh ground asap .... only put down lime on the old ground when you move a coop in future  :wink:
still alive /............

Des C

Sickly Pullet
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2007, 10:17 »
I disinfected the old site, Munty as it was close to the main pen to allow the newbies to see my original birds. The other new birds are on clean ground now.

WG.

Sickly Pullet
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2007, 10:18 »
Quote from: "muntjac"
but what did you use

muntjac

Sickly Pullet
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2007, 10:28 »
ok i see .well if another bird starts showing any signs of sicky get it to the vets and give him the details , i thought you meant the new soil was disnfff, chucks at this time of year can find  desdly nightshade berries and if eaten will kil them .but i cant say what this could be without seeing the signs n the bird  :wink:

xx
Sickly hen

Started by PFMarconi on The Hen House

1 Replies
Last post April 26, 2010, 20:33
by mad chicken
xx
Sickly Chicken

Started by bannisterb on The Hen House

1 Replies
Last post April 23, 2012, 21:01
by ANHBUC
xx
Sickly silkie

Started by little chick on The Hen House

13 Replies
Last post June 10, 2010, 21:16
by joyfull
xx
Sickly chicken

Started by Helenaj on The Hen House

13 Replies
Last post July 25, 2010, 17:36
by Helenaj

Page created in 0.218 seconds with 38 queries.