Got flowers

• 17 Replies

shoozie

• Winner - Best Sunflower photo, 2014
Re: Got flowers
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2012, 20:31 »
great result  :D  I wondered back in Jan how it might go   - good to see it was worth it!  Looks great  :D

shokkyy

• Mishka
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2012, 20:38 »
I sowed my Gartenperle on the last day of Feb, hung the baskets out today, and they've got plenty of flowers on them but no actual fruit yet.  I sowed a couple of Parthenon courgette just 2 days after you did, and though I can just about see a couple of tiny fruit, they're way behind yours. I wouldn't have even tried to put my tender stuff out in the daytime until fairly recently, because the winds were just too cold and we had a lot of very heavy rain and hailstones ripping through.

I did have some stuff in the tunnel under fleece cloches, but according to my thermometer it wasn't making a very big difference to the temps in there at all, so maybe I should abandon the fleece in favour of bubblewrap. And I'll have to try using candles for heating in my tunnel, because it obviously does some good.

How the heck were you lugging buckets of tomatoes in and out of the house every day?

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2012, 21:04 »
I wish I could say it got rid of my bingo-wings, but no luck  :(
It was when the cordon tomatoes desperately needed potting on that I thought enough was enough! I couldn't have shifted all of them as well  :nowink:

I perhaps should clarify this
They did the out during the day in at night thing for months! I finally planted everything out on the 14th May
It was out in the greenhouse during the day and indoors at night, rather than use the paraffin heater for months.
I've not planted anything outside yet, only into the borders and pots. Some more courgettes are hardening off to go out later in the week.

xx
potatoes..flowers or no flowers

Started by peedee555 on Grow Your Own

7 Replies
Last post June 25, 2013, 21:07
by hanssg
xx
Flowers

Started by NASH on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post March 18, 2010, 23:03
by BostonInbred
xx
flowers between the veg?

Started by karooba007 on Grow Your Own

13 Replies
Last post January 21, 2009, 22:40
by SnooziSuzi
xx
wow-too many flowers!

Started by 666 on Grow Your Own

8 Replies
Last post June 12, 2008, 22:22
by 666

Page created in 0.335 seconds with 30 queries.