Rotting cucumbers

• 2 Replies

Skimbleshanks

Rotting cucumbers
« on: July 08, 2009, 19:56 »
Hi all, I got my first greenhouse this year and planted tomatoes, peppers and a cucumber plant. Great delight when tiny cucumbers appeared but they started rotting but the leaves look perfect as I have watered well. I do have one cucumber that is growing quite nicely so what have I done wrong?
I do hope you can help   :(

Mike.white

• Experienced Member
    • Mike White
Re: Rotting cucumbers
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2009, 20:10 »
Generally speaking the plant concentrates on the most productive fruit - it' quite normal, I believe - so far I've had 3 cucumbers off my plant, probably binned about 12 rotting ones, and at the moment it's being terribly ambitious and going for 5 at once.... my advice is wait until the good one is a decent size then cut it, and if you're sure the others are rotting, cut them off too - it will all come right in the end!  ;)
For the latest on the BIG project, read my blog.

Skimbleshanks

Re: Rotting cucumbers
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2009, 21:05 »
Generally speaking the plant concentrates on the most productive fruit - it' quite normal, I believe - so far I've had 3 cucumbers off my plant, probably binned about 12 rotting ones, and at the moment it's being terribly ambitious and going for 5 at once.... my advice is wait until the good one is a decent size then cut it, and if you're sure the others are rotting, cut them off too - it will all come right in the end!  ;)

Thank you so much for that, I really was getting panicky, my mind is at rest. :)

xx
Rotting Hay

Started by Solitaire on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post May 17, 2009, 19:08
by woodburner
xx
Why are my plums rotting?

Started by jacnal on Grow Your Own

4 Replies
Last post August 06, 2007, 17:39
by waddecar
xx
Rotting courgettes

Started by NoodleSoup on Grow Your Own

4 Replies
Last post August 26, 2008, 13:38
by Miller
xx
help, what's rotting my toms??

Started by Brewers on Grow Your Own

8 Replies
Last post June 27, 2011, 21:42
by gobs

Page created in 0.345 seconds with 28 queries.