hello !

• 4 Replies

lisa

hello !
« on: April 22, 2006, 18:52 »
Just saying Hello to everyone.  Just enquired at my local town council about allotemtn and one is vacant in a few weeks so going to be busy I guess. Just fancied growing my own stuff cos it tastes so much better and it ll give me something to do (definately. I hear some of you say) and yes I am very excited about it. have nt got a clue where to start but Hey Ho thats what its all about!!

Jake

• Rockers
hello !
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2006, 21:27 »
Hello lisa.

Just drifting into the hobby is the best way IMO. A freind of mine has just put his name down for an allotment in Winnington near Northwich.

Where's your plot? What veg do you like the most? What you gonna grow first?
first there is a mountain then there is no mountain then there is

lisa

hello !
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2006, 11:05 »
not sure whats on the plot at the moment, hoping to get up there this week for a poke around! and luckily I like all veg, which is an added bonus i guess, especially if growing its what its all about!!  I am in Leicestershire, deep joy!!

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
hello !
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2006, 11:32 »
Hello and welcome, Lisa.

Much more to it than just growing vegetables - as you will discover, I'm sure.

Nothing wrong with Leicestershire - apart from being a little southernly :)
Check out our books - ideal presents

John and Val Harrison's Books

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
hello !
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2006, 14:10 »
Hi Lisa, welcome to the forum.  I don't have a lottie, but do have a big garden.  Gradually turning more of it over to veggies each year and this year hopefully I will be able to use my 2nd hand polytunnel to grow even more.  Each year I grow something extra.  Last year for the first time I grew some sweetcorn and this year broad beans for the first time.  

But I've bought twice as many potatoes as last year, because you can't beat a homegrown spud! and I feel I'm not going to have enough space, so I'm going to have to ask the OH if I can dig even more grass up!!!!   He says he doesn't like cuttting the grass ayway, so he's not going to miss a bit more is he????  lol

Page created in 0.279 seconds with 38 queries.