My Body Clock has gone wrong

• 12 Replies

mrs bouquet

My Body Clock has gone wrong
« on: January 06, 2019, 11:42 »
My sleep pattern has just gone complete haywire.     Go to bed about 11 ish, read until I feel I am dropping off. Get settled down and that is it - completely wide awake.   Sit up and read again, lay down etc etc and this goes on until probably 5 am ish.   Then wake up about 10 am.
It is so boring, and my sciatic nerve and back hurt.
I have tried lots of techniques and a couple more paracetamol, or a Valerian Tablet. Last night made a cuppa about 3 ish.
The trouble with this is: - a)  the morning is too short and b) come 8pm I am dropping off to sleep, and then missing whatever I really wanted to watch  :nowink:
I am fed up with it, and wonder do you suffer the same, or do you have any ideas to reset the sleep-clock.  Mrs Bouquet

Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
Re: My Body Clock has gone wrong
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2019, 12:11 »
Try Co-dydramol, from a pharmacy for the sciatica, it's good stuff.
I reset my body clock by going to bed at about 11pm (no reading!) and getting up as soon as the alarm goes off a 7am, whether I've slept much or not. After a few days I am tired enough to sleep soon after I lie down, and refreshed enough to wake up at my usual time. Once this happens I needn't set the alarm because my body clock will wake me.
Try it, see if it works for you.

snowdrops

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2019, 14:28 »
My body clock has been haywire for about 14 years & it’s enough to make me cry some days & nights. It started when the menopause hit & ive never been the same since. I’ve tried all sorts, likecmum says,same bed time every night etc. I’ve even tried not going to bed at all for 1/2 nights. I’ve always been a light sleeper & remember being up in the night as a child, looking out of the window when everyone else was in bed.
Today I’ve been to Holland & Barrett’s & bought some Inulin as I’ve been reading up on it, it helps with digestive issues( I have diverticulitis) & can help with sleep issues as there is some correlation to gut imbalances. So I’ll keep you posted. If all else fails I will accept the sleeping tablets the Dr offered me last week as I’m about at the end of my tether with it. They will be for a week or 2 at the most to try to reset my ‘clock’ as after that they are addictive. I could cope with 5 or 6 hours sleep from bedtime (ideally 10pm is supposed to be good)it’s the lack of deep sleep I find frustrating that & then not being up at a reasonable hour in the morning & feeling tired & groggy for a few hours on waking .
Good luck
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

jaydig

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2019, 15:47 »
Oh dear, ladies we all seem to be in the same boat.  For a couple of years or more now I have had trouble sleeping. I go to bed, eventually settle down, wake up and stay woken up.  Night before last I woke, after having dropped off to sleep at about 11 pm, and wandered off the the bathroom.  Took a look at my watch when I got back into bed, and thought it said 4 am. Now, we all know when we're not going to be able to drop off again, don't we, so I switched the TV on.  What a surprise - it was only 00.20 am!  Well, that was it until 05.15, when I switched the TV off, turned over, and managed to sleep until 08.20 am.  This is the pattern night after night, and like many of you, I've tried all sorts but to no avail. 
Any suggestions would be gratefully received as it's getting beyond a joke now.

mrs bouquet

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2019, 16:10 »
Oh dear, ladies we all seem to be in the same boat.  For a couple of years or more now I have had trouble sleeping. I go to bed, eventually settle down, wake up and stay woken up.  Night before last I woke, after having dropped off to sleep at about 11 pm, and wandered off the the bathroom.  Took a look at my watch when I got back into bed, and thought it said 4 am. Now, we all know when we're not going to be able to drop off again, don't we, so I switched the TV on.  What a surprise - it was only 00.20 am!  Well, that was it until 05.15, when I switched the TV off, turned over, and managed to sleep until 08.20 am.  This is the pattern night after night, and like many of you, I've tried all sorts but to no avail. 
Any suggestions would be gratefully received as it's getting beyond a joke now.

really then it sounds as if half the nation are pottering around all night.    This sounds exactly like me.   I also lay there for a while, then think, perhaps I'll go to the loo, in case I go to sleep and then wake up later because I need to go.    I could laugh if only I wasn't so  p--s-d off with it all.    Perhaps, I could stand up all evening and watch TV, instead of having a quick doze     :nowink:  Mrs B

rowlandwells

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2019, 16:57 »
if I didn't do a job or two outside I wouldn't be in sleep mode either my wife says we need to go for a daily walk "maybe"

can't wait to get on the allotments but its just to wet all we can do is visit and say what we are going to do come spring

I've tryed counting sheep but there's only 4 in the field outside our bedroom window  :lol:

Missey

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2019, 19:31 »
Your not alone - I fall asleep no problem between 10 - 11 but my problem is staying asleep - I usually have a couple of nights where I'm awake around 4 but refuse to get up as I think if I do there's no chance of me going back to sleep  :nowink:  After a few nights of this I'm so tired I get a whole night.  I blame the menopause.  Our windows are always wide open regardless of temp & I find our feather duvet helps due to the weight if that makes sense.  I recently bought some lavender essential oil & spray this into the room before bed but its too early to see if it helps.

I feel your pain

cressrt

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2019, 07:16 »
My wife has problems with sleeping quite often, she uses "own brand" 2 a night sleeping tablets from supermarkets or boots, however she usually only takes half a tablet as this is sufficient to her her drop back off after waking up.
I have tried this as well when I have " a lot on my mind" that stops me sleeping and it definitely helps.

snowdrops

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2019, 15:26 »
Well reporting back on the inulin, my fit bit said I was still restless 16 times, but only awake x1 😱. I certainly felt more rested this morning & raring to go  (almost) 😂

mrs bouquet

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2019, 15:49 »
Well reporting back on the inulin, my fit bit said I was still restless 16 times, but only awake x1 😱. I certainly felt more rested this morning & raring to go  (almost) 😂

Sorry snowdrops, I think I have missed something (too tired  :D !)   fit bit - whats that ?   Mrs Bouquet

Edited to fix quote
« Last Edit: January 07, 2019, 20:20 by JayG »

snowdrops

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2019, 21:12 »
Oh a fit bit is like a watch that counts steps like a pedometer but can do lots more. Google them, some are very fancy

Elaine G

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2019, 23:43 »
I too have a problem getting to sleep and getting back to sleep, and have been doing a bit of research lately.

I have read in several places that the room should be dark, or use an eye mask if necessary.

The more interesting thing I read, and am going to test out, is that you should get up to 2 hours of outside daylight every day, ideally before 11 am. All to do with melatonin production apparently.

Now all I have to do is be up in time to get breakfast and get out before 11am when I have been awake half the night  :lol:

Elaine
The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance, the wise grows it under his feet - James Oppenheim

mrs bouquet

« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2019, 20:51 »
Get out before 11am,!!!!! Ha Ha, I would be wandering around in my nighty and slippers in a stupor.   Then I would probably be taken away crying 'let me sleep'  'let me sleep'.    5 or 6 am is just when I am dropping off. I think these plans must be made by folk who sleep 12 hours a night  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:  Mrs Bouquet

xx
Dad's 'Auld' Clock.

Started by Kleftiwallah on Chatting on the Plot

11 Replies
Last post January 16, 2022, 11:54
by lettice
xx
Clock wise or anti ?

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

5 Replies
Last post June 30, 2020, 17:19
by al78
clip
Clock changed overnight - did you remember?

Started by mumofstig on Chatting on the Plot

2 Replies
Last post March 29, 2020, 19:12
by rowlandwells
xx
TV gone seriously wrong now

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

9 Replies
Last post October 24, 2018, 17:59
by mrs bouquet

Page created in 0.166 seconds with 53 queries.