libby chick not too good?sour crop/been sick.

• 0 Replies

wildwitchy

libby chick not too good?sour crop/been sick.
« on: November 09, 2009, 01:40 »
just a bit of a thought out loud regarding libby, one of my ex bat hens.

I noticed a couple days ago she didnt seem right but eating ok,having the porridge with the others etc. All the chooks have been moulting terribly so egg production has gone right down. I thought - oh shes a bit off with that. I didn't feel concerned for her.

Bought her in this afternoon as she was hunched up & really not looking good. Her breast bone is quite prominent & what with moulting looks in a right state, the poor old thing. Her crop was squashy,watery. Not with food - liquidy. She had bit of cat food & then started to contort her neck. I thought she was trying to be sick, wasn't sure. Never seen a chicken vomit before? A bit later, I held her partially upside down and loads of liquidy thick gunk came out and she appeared to brighten up a bit. I gave her some baytril I'd got already from few weeks ago (if shes got any infection there) & water with bit of bicarb in it to settle her stomach if it is acidy.

When she has eaten/drank her belly makes gurgling noises.

I've heard live yoghurt is good for them if they've got upset tummies. I'll see how she goes over night & get her to my poultry vets if she stays the same as I'm not sure whats wrong with her..

Shes on the chair in lounge now, getting all creature comforts.

Anyone else got any ideas? xx

xx
Impacted Crop in 4 week old chick (Modified - It's Sour Crop)

Started by kegs on The Hen House

9 Replies
Last post August 26, 2012, 14:48
by New shoot
xx
Chick with sour crop

Started by Big Jen on The Hen House

12 Replies
Last post September 23, 2009, 12:39
by Big Jen
xx
Making chicken sick with sour crop

Started by SamT on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post August 03, 2016, 14:36
by SamT
xx
Sour crop/Slow crop?

Started by pink-chicken on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post October 15, 2009, 11:02
by pink-chicken

Page created in 0.254 seconds with 37 queries.