Hottest Chillies

• 13 Replies

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
Hottest Chillies
« on: October 03, 2006, 16:57 »
What are the hottest chillies anyone has ever grown?  Both stepson's love hot and spice stuff, and they keep telling me I can't come up with something that's too hot for them!!!!

I smell a challenge here!!!!!

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
Hottest Chillies
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2006, 17:46 »
My habenero are wicked - Val put one in a Chinese style chicken and rice dish. It was about Vindaloo standard.  She couldn't eat hers but  I just about managed to - much blowing of nose and lager.
Check out our books - ideal presents

John and Val Harrison's Books

ytyynycefn

• http://www.ytyynycefn.com/5.html
Hottest Chillies
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2006, 18:00 »
What you need is the Dorset Naga - in the Guiness book of records as the world's hottest chilli, with a Scoville rating of over 900000!  They have a site:

http://www.dorsetnaga.com/

And you can buy six for £1.80 by mail order:

http://www.peppersbypost.biz/types.asp

Would love to know how you get on with those!  And can I have a couple of seeds if you do buy any???

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
Hottest Chillies
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2006, 18:09 »
Don't those count as a chemical weapon?

milkman

Hottest Chillies
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2006, 18:54 »
nope John this is definitely biological warfare!
Gardening organically on chalky, stony soil.

wellingtons

Well I've no idea ...
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2006, 21:05 »
... what make those lil red * are I've just put in stir fry for my son and I.  But they were so hot that my nose started to burn just cooking them!

I had to keep going out of the kitchen to get air!!  I was seriously worried that I had just ruined two perfecly good chicken breasts and a bundle of veg and noodles.  It was hot but we made it!

Mind you I've got dozens of them to pick, heaven help me!

GrannieAnnie

Hottest Chillies
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2006, 22:51 »
Mmmmm, I found out about the Dorset Naga too Mel.  There's an Indian restaurant in Skegness that grow a lot of their own ingredients and they use a naga, so I looked it up.  Wasnt't sure if the 900000 was true or not, but if its in the Guiness Book of Records well!!!

I'll look at those websites.  There is someone on Ebay who sells the seeds 10 for £4 and about the same for postage, but you don't know if what he's selling is the real thing do you?

You are cheeky, why don't you buy them, grow them and save ME the seeds!!!!!!!!!   lol

Seriously though, if I do get some, I'll certainly save the seeds.  There's another website and the people buy the nagas of the company in Dorset and make and sell their sauces.  They reckong they are so hot all the aprons, gloves, hairnets everything have to be worn new every day, and the amount of cleaning and disinfecting that goes on in their factory because of hte strength of the things!!!! Well.......

Although I don't like really hot stuff myself, chillies do interest me, especially since Biscombe sent me a few of hers.  One, the lemon drop, looks so sweet, but I tasted a bit of it, phew!!!!!  that's hot enough for me, and its only supposed to be HOT!!!

Let me know if you want a few seeds of them.  They are all small in size.  There's the lemon drop, a spanish one that her neighbours gave her and she doesn't know the name of, but its red, and the other is the boule de turquie, its a little round red one.

ytyynycefn

• http://www.ytyynycefn.com/5.html
Hottest Chillies
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2006, 10:19 »
Quote from: "grannieannie"
You are cheeky, why don't you buy them, grow them and save ME the seeds!!!!!!!!!   lol

Sorry.... :oops:   You do seem to know what you're doing with chillies, though!  We may well get some when the pile of metal and glass has been turned into a greenhouse - that's now on the burner behind the back burner as my Land Rover failed its MOT yesterday, and OH has to do the welding this weekend  :cry:

Aidy

• Location: Born n bred Lancastrian living in tropical Blackpool
    • Aidy Neal Photography
Hottest Chillies
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2006, 20:42 »
I have to agree with John on this, heat is not the be all and end all, for me its about heat with flavour and the habs are kings, Red Savina is very hot and will make most grown men cry, this is what chilliheads call oral surfing. The Habs have a wonderfull flavour when cooked but they have a fantastic kick a micro second later. If you have a Jamaican market any where near you try and source them, the ones imported are just superb and make a fantastic jerk sauce.
Punk isn't dead...it's underground where it belongs. If it comes to the surface it's no longer punk...it's Green Day!

GrannieAnnie

Hottest Chillies
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2006, 22:30 »
Thanks Aidy for that.  Jamaican market???  nothing like that around here, we have trouble getting a decent ENGLISH market near here!!!!!!

Lots of Portuguese, Lithuanians, Roumanians, but not many Jamaicans!!!!

So I want Red Savina do I?  I would love to reduce OH's 2 sons to tears!!!!!

GrannieAnnie

Hottest Chillies
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2006, 09:14 »
Quote from: "ytyynycefn"
Quote from: "grannieannie"

Sorry.... :oops:   You do seem to know what you're doing with chillies, though!  We may well get some when the pile of metal and glass has been turned into a greenhouse - that's now on the burner behind the back burner as my Land Rover failed its MOT yesterday, and OH has to do the welding this weekend  :cry:

Sorry Mel, only joshing you!

Yep, of course I'll send you some seeds when I get some.  I've got some that Biscombe sent me, lemon drop, boule de turquie and a little Spanish chilli that she doesn't know the name of, but says they've been growing them for years, so can't be bad.  Do you want a couple of seeds of any of them?

muntjac

Hottest Chillies
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2006, 20:28 »
growing the bolivian  rainbow here .now they are serisolsly hot , id like to get a hold of the new tetspur one if they ever find out if it exists ,its supposed to be off the scale of all the other chillies
still alive /............

Aidy

• Location: Born n bred Lancastrian living in tropical Blackpool
    • Aidy Neal Photography
Hottest Chillies
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2006, 11:08 »
Ahhh the old Tetspur, this was supposed to grown by scientists for the Indian Army for some kind of weapon, as far as I know it is still a millitary secrect!!!!!!  :roll:

muntjac

Hottest Chillies
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2006, 11:15 »
sure is hahha,forget the loss of the nuclear bomb plans .someones nicked our chillies

wonder who it was?  

xx
World's hottest chilli - here in the East Midlands

Started by DD. on Grow Your Own

15 Replies
Last post February 19, 2011, 18:34
by bigben
xx
Big Jim Chillies

Started by crilly on Grow Your Own

0 Replies
Last post March 11, 2014, 07:08
by crilly
xx
Chillies

Started by Boothy on Grow Your Own

11 Replies
Last post July 20, 2007, 23:12
by Biscombe
xx
Chillies

Started by hiccup on Grow Your Own

7 Replies
Last post April 24, 2017, 11:38
by jambop

Page created in 0.396 seconds with 37 queries.