water logged

• 1 Replies

jambop

water logged
« on: March 03, 2014, 19:53 »
Hi We have been having a lot of rain down here in France and my garden is completely water logged. I have taken a chance and put my onion sets into small cell plant pots and put them in the cold from to get going then in April when the weather and the garden have cheered up they will be ready to plant out a little more work but at least the will be growing when the go in. I am going to do the same with my shallots but use a little bit bigger pot. Big question has anybody else done this and was it successful ? The best onions I ever had were seedling planted out in May they were huge at the end of the growing season, I put this down to growing unchecked by the weather I am hoping something similar will happen with these sets because the danger of frosts will have passed by the time they go in.

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
Re: water logged
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2014, 22:55 »
I always start my onions in little seed modules.  Just make sure they don't dry out and you might want to consider feeding them for the last few weeks before they go into the ground if they look a little starved.
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

xx
Water Logged Garlic

Started by LittleRedHen on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post May 03, 2012, 10:11
by Diddy Gardener
xx
Water logged patch?

Started by landy on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post December 21, 2006, 22:41
by supersprout
xx
how to fix a water logged patch?

Started by lanky lurcher on Grow Your Own

46 Replies
Last post December 09, 2007, 23:16
by mkhenry
xx
Plot Water logged

Started by Peterjohn on Grow Your Own

16 Replies
Last post January 18, 2008, 16:49
by cawdor2001

Page created in 0.357 seconds with 38 queries.