rust!

• 2 Replies

jambop

rust!
« on: July 09, 2014, 16:46 »
Hi I have really bad rust on my garlic plants ,it is really bad. Is there any hope that the bulbs will be any good or should I just dig them out and salvage what I can. I did dig one out the other week and the bulb was forming quite well but we have had more rain and the rust has just got that much worse. Strangely I have some onions growing nearby and they are un affected.

mumofstig

• Global Moderator

jambop

Re: rust!
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2014, 10:30 »
Thanks Mum :)
My garlic is totally orange! I will leave the plants for another few weeks then lift them as some have said they got good bulbs even with lots of rust. We have had a bit of rain down here in the Atlantic Pyrenees region after a very nice early June we have had a stormy early July. Been great for crops that like a bit of water but have been treating my toms with the old blue juice :) Going to have some crop of plum toms when the inevitable warm sunshine come along and everything quite literally grows over night! It is a great place to grow veg but not without its drawbacks namely it gets too hot for some things. This week for example the climate is more like the UK than France with temperatures in the low twenties and showery where the would normally be early thirties and bone dry! Hope have good season :)

xx
Rust

Started by Beejay on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post June 03, 2008, 09:27
by Beejay
angry
Rust - AGAIN!!

Started by Goldfinger on Grow Your Own

7 Replies
Last post July 02, 2011, 22:12
by Jay The Digger
clip
Rust

Started by Ema on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post July 03, 2020, 23:20
by Ema
xx
rust

Started by kitch on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post August 25, 2014, 18:57
by Christine

Page created in 0.331 seconds with 40 queries.