Can you predict things?

• 10 Replies

Goosegirl

Can you predict things?
« on: August 17, 2019, 13:56 »
My OH and I often play a game where he has an idea for tonight's meal and I get it right 90% of the time. I suddenly get a feeling to contact someone, and when I do they say I was just thinking about you yesterday. Suddenly you're stopped from doing something and all becomes clear afterwards. Does anyone else have the same experiences?
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

greenjay

• Experienced Member
Re: Can you predict things?
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2019, 20:31 »
yes we are the same often both think of the same thing. I suppose after 30 plus years you become in tune with some one you spend a lot of time with.

Growster...

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2019, 07:12 »
I reckon that it's an issue of listening to oneself, considering the current situation, and letting the brain do the maths.

Countless times I've done something - anything like driving, picking up a knife etc, and experienced the consequences, like a sudden braking or a scratch, then afterwards, realise that I saw that coming and did nothing.

There's a theory somewhere or other, where it's mantioned that we use only a tiny amount of the brain, so if anyone can tell me where the rest of it is, please let me know!

JayG

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2019, 09:39 »
I had a strange premonition that I was going to reply to this thread, and I was right!  :lol:
Sow your seeds, plant your plants. What's the difference? A couple of weeks or more when answering possible queries!

One of the best things about being an orang-utan is the fact that you don't lose your good looks as you get older

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2019, 12:37 »
Sometimes I think about someone and then they phone - which is quite weird.

At the moment the only thing I can predict is that if I put washing on the line, it will surely rain!

Maybe, your OH has already told you what he's going to cook, and he's actually checking if you were paying any attention  :lol: :lol:

snowdrops

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2019, 13:24 »
I suspect Mr S can...cos he often seems to know where in the house I’m going next & stands in the doorway to that room, or blocks my exit from the room I’m in. We’ve got an island unit in the kitchen & ive thought of installing a one way system for the same reason & :lol:
If any of you are good at predicting the lottery numbers please send me a pm & share them with me for tomorrow please & :)

P.s why when I click on the emojis from my iPad  do they post as a collection of numbers etc. They didn’t use to, I’ve had to edit to delete & use the forums ones
Examples below
😂😊😊😘
« Last Edit: August 19, 2019, 13:26 by snowdrops »
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2019, 14:59 »
Not a clue Snowy, not a clue  :(
Check out our books - ideal presents

John and Val Harrison's Books

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2019, 15:48 »
My OH and I often play a game where he has an idea for tonight's meal and I get it right 90% of the time. I suddenly get a feeling to contact someone, and when I do they say I was just thinking about you yesterday. Suddenly you're stopped from doing something and all becomes clear afterwards. Does anyone else have the same experiences?
We play a similar game - Val offers me a choice of two items and I try to guess what I'm supposed to answer! So to the question "Would you like macrobiotic brown rice with vegetables or sausage, egg and chips?" I can't win either way...

Growster...

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2019, 06:31 »
Snows, you've just answered your own question about the lottery...

"P.s why when I click on the emojis from my iPad  do they post as a collection of numbers etc. They didn’t use to, I’ve had to edit to delete & use the forums ones
Examples below
😂😊😊😘"

(If you use the two middle ones, you'll get two jackpots)!

snowdrops

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2019, 13:38 »
Snows, you've just answered your own question about the lottery...

"P.s why when I click on the emojis from my iPad  do they post as a collection of numbers etc. They didn’t use to, I’ve had to edit to delete & use the forums ones
Examples below
😂😊😊😘"

(If you use the two middle ones, you'll get two jackpots)!

:lol:  :lol: :lol:

al78

« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2019, 21:31 »
These predictions are pretty much coincidences. Yes it feels like something significant if you think about someone and they phone you seconds later, but if you think about all the millions of possible things that could happen that you could theoretically attribute a significance too, they are going to happen at some point by the law of averages, low probability is not zero probability. It is like when someone says "what a coincidence, I bumped into so-and-so today...", well the same could be said of the other thousand people you saw today. The human brain is very good at pattern recognition but sometimes it goes overboard, and picks out patterns that just aren't there in reality (e.g. people think streaks shouldn't happen in random events).

sad
Is this really what things have come to?

Started by Lardman on Chatting on the Plot

16 Replies
Last post October 09, 2022, 17:53
by Growster...
xx
Little Things mean a lot.

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

2 Replies
Last post November 17, 2020, 16:47
by GraciesGran
xx
things they used to say

Started by rowlandwells on Chatting on the Plot

5 Replies
Last post January 19, 2021, 20:09
by Aidy
clip
Things I don't believe in...

Started by Lardman on Chatting on the Plot

9 Replies
Last post February 03, 2019, 16:09
by jaydig

Page created in 0.15 seconds with 51 queries.