Sorely tempted, bit of a mystery.

• 3 Replies

themagicaltoad1

Sorely tempted, bit of a mystery.
« on: October 08, 2011, 18:08 »
After walking my dogs in the local nature reserve I returned to my car and was met by a young lad from the council. He asked if I could help him catch 2 chickens that had been spotted running around. To cut a long story short, after much crawling around in bushes, and with the aid of my dogs we finally caught them. The puzzle was that they were both in lovely condition, had a wing clipped, and were obviously used to being handled as they settled down nicely in my arms and were talking to me quite happily. I was asked if I would like to take them and was very tempted, if only my spare coop wasn't currently housing my chicks. How they got there I have no idea, the fact they were in such lovely condition makes me doubt their owner dumped them. I'll bet someone is missing them.

ANHBUC

• "You looking at me?!!!"
Re: Sorely tempted, bit of a mystery.
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2011, 18:17 »
Wonder if there is a local website that you can post the information on, perhaps Gumtree.  They might get reunited with their owner with a bit of luck.
Ain't Nobody Here But Us Chickens!
Bagpuss RIP 1992 - June 2012, 1 huge grass carp (RIP "Jaws" July 2001 - December 2011), 4 golden orfe, 1 goldfish and 1 fantail fish (also huge)! plus 4 Italian quail, 1 Japanese quail, 1 Rosetta quail.

freebirdy

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2011, 07:57 »
we meet again Magicaltoad!!! I've got a spare coop/run you could borrow if you like? How strange to find the birds like that. How about putting some notices up on the community notice boards, the one in Aylesbury Street by the bike shop and the other in Sycamore Avenue? Also maybe on the gates to the community orchard and the local allotments? Surely if the chooks were in good condition their owner must be missing them!! What park did you find them in by the way? Obviously being a local Fenny girl I could ask around for you and try to re-unite the birds with their owner.

themagicaltoad1

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2011, 16:46 »
They were at the blue lagoon. When I said I couldn't take them the council lad put them in the back of his van and said he would take them to someone he knew locally who took in rescued hens. My daughter made me drive straight back down there to see if he was still there as she wanted them. And the first thing my wife said was " you'd better not have brought home more chickens" lol. I did think of hiding them behind the shed and wondered how long it would take her to find them :lol: so, I have no idea where they ended up going, but my daughter insists on coming with me to walk the dogs now, in case anymore turn up!

xx
Mystery

Started by Jo57 on Chicken Chat

5 Replies
Last post July 15, 2013, 11:06
by ANHBUC
xx
Mystery Solved

Started by splash101 on Chicken Chat

4 Replies
Last post January 15, 2013, 13:52
by ANHBUC

Page created in 0.169 seconds with 38 queries.