What are these please?

• 5 Replies

dizzylizzie

What are these please?
« on: July 29, 2009, 17:22 »
Hi, my new neighbour has inherited some veggies from the prievious owner, and has these things that look like tomatoes growing on her potatoe plants. What are they? this is my first proper year growing things in my garden so i dont have any experiance, but my potatoes dont have these on. Can anyone help please?
« Last Edit: July 29, 2009, 17:27 by dizzylizzie »

PlymouthMaid

Re: What are these please?
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2009, 17:25 »
They are the 'fruit' of the potato and contain seeds which can bve planted if you wish. Do not eat the little fruits as they are poisonous.  I am sure some very knowledgeable peeps will be along soon to enlighten you further.  I think there may have been another thread on this recently too.

dizzylizzie

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2009, 17:28 »
thankyou...do you have to do anything to them before planting.....i assume you get more spuds?

PlymouthMaid

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2009, 17:33 »
I dont know much about them but from what I have gathered, they aren't going to produce a fantastic crop and are more of an experiment. If you search the forum I think you may find some great info.

dizzylizzie

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2009, 17:37 »
thankyou....i have googled them now that you told me the name.....not much for anything by the looks of it!. thanks for you prompt help :D

DD.

• Global Moderator
  • Location: Loughborough. a/k/a Digger Dave. Prettiest Pumpkin prizewinner 2011
  • Pea God & Founder Member of The NFGG
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2009, 17:38 »
This is one of several previous threads on the subject this year:

http://chat.allotment-garden.org/index.php?topic=40378.0
Did it really tell you to do THAT on the packet?

Page created in 0.374 seconds with 40 queries.