Damson

• 17 Replies

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
Re: Damson
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2012, 21:56 »
I *could* look into that (good idea!) but I already have an eye on the mounds of spiced apple chutney I will have to make from that crop ...  :blink:
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

allotmentann

« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2012, 07:30 »
Last year we made Delia's spiced damson chutney (minus the cloves as we didn't have any) and it was delicious!
I made that too last year (with cloves) and it is good. Alas no damsons this year. There was plenty of blossom - unfortunately on our site all the plums blossomed as the frosts hit and nobody has had a crop you could do much more than make a crumble with! :(

lazza

• Experienced Member
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2012, 11:07 »
I picked 18lb from my tree(s?) yesterday.  There was lots I couldn't reach.  Probably just as well, as I now have to do something with them all  :blink:

damson gin is fantastic! get it started now and it will be ready a couple of weeks before Christmas. Bottle it up into nice small bottles (250 or 500ml) and it makes a great present! We are just finishing the last of last year's, and am hoping to steal my father's damsons when I go down to visit him next week.

xx
Damson

Started by Tom Hill on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post March 19, 2014, 12:25
by Goosegirl
xx
damson

Started by Chiswickian on Grow Your Own

8 Replies
Last post July 17, 2010, 23:31
by Chiswickian
xx
damson

Started by griff on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post July 17, 2011, 11:21
by Kleftiwallah
xx
Damson tree

Started by mdjlucan on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post August 21, 2022, 17:37
by missmoneypenny

Page created in 0.362 seconds with 38 queries.