Bearts and Small holder range

• 2 Replies

cammi

• Experienced Member
Bearts and Small holder range
« on: May 04, 2011, 22:01 »
Firstly does anyone have a list of the range of feeds Bearts do?  I have emailed them a number of them but have no answer.  My hubby works near there so i could send him in for some but need to know what to send him in for! :blush:  What would you all recommend?

Second, in this month 'Your chickens' Theres an advert from Small Holder Feeds to try their free range layer pellets and get 2x£3 vouchers (one before one after)  so of course have sent off for this.  Does anyone currently use this and what do they think?

I currently feed them Garvo, there was a huge different in egg quality etc when i changed to this from an white unmarked bag the breeder sold me (currently in the garage being used to feed the ducks in the park lol).  So I'm wondering in all your humble opinions how do you think Garvo, Bearts and Small Holder compare or are they all much of a muchness?

Thanks as always
11 Chickens (Rhode Rock, Bluebell, Copper Black, Columbine, Coucou, Mystery Hen, Clarance Court, Araucana, brown hen ) , 3 Cats (1 mog, 1 bengal, 1 Bengal x),  2 Little Boys, 1 dog (Golden Retriever) and 1 Husband

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
Re: Bearts and Small holder range
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2011, 22:53 »
Your hubby works near Bearts?  Could he pop in and get me half a tonne of layers pellets please??  :D

I've got their trade list, but can you phone them and ask for a retail price list?  I don't know why they haven't replied to your email.

We are probably going down there on Saturday, so I'll try to get you a retail price list.  PM me your address and I'll pop it in the post when I get it.

Never used Garvo, but chickens soon took to Bearts, although they were on Farmgate before.  Haven't used Smallholder range for ages, as they were too expensive too.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 22:55 by GrannieAnnie »

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
Re: Bearts and Small holder range
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2011, 23:50 »
mine loved garvo and the small holder range and allen and page organic, however allen and page became too expensive for 40-50 birds so they are now on Bearts  :D
Staffies are softer than you think.

xx
Bearts Garden blend layers food

Started by mo-jo on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post July 26, 2010, 13:01
by GrannieAnnie
xx
What type of Water Holder do you recommend?

Started by SurreyLass on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post April 19, 2011, 12:41
by GrannieAnnie
xx
Anybody free range?

Started by Beekissed on The Hen House

38 Replies
Last post October 28, 2016, 19:22
by greenjay
xx
Storm & Free Range

Started by Prod on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post January 06, 2014, 08:39
by Sassy

Page created in 0.21 seconds with 39 queries.