GG's moving house.

• 15 Replies

Goosegirl

GG's moving house.
« on: June 06, 2019, 13:25 »
No it's not got any recent subsidence but OH and I have decided to move to a bungalow nearer Lancaster because we just can't manage to maintain the cottage that has a rather large garden and an acre of field as we would like. Both of us have health issues and we don't make a good one between us!  :nowink:  Needs must but we have an army of dear friends who have already started to de-clutter our home. I won't be sad to leave because it's taken more than it's given but, having said that, we will have a lot of memories to take with us. Anyone else doing the same?
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

mrs bouquet

Re: GG's moving house.
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2019, 13:50 »
I ,sure you will leave your beautiful cottage with many treasured memories.   It is always a hard and long decision to make, but you have made it at the right time.   Lots of people leave it too long and then find they cannot cope, and the idea of moving is just too difficult.
You will both have time now to find the property that is right for you both, and more convenient in everyway, ie;   Transport, shops, amenities etc, and of course the delight of building a new "smaller" garden.   Well done
and my best wishes to you both,   as long as you remember where we are.    :)  Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

snowdrops

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2019, 17:01 »
Oh & you’ve just gone electric! Lol. I think it is a good plan for you as you say if you don’t make a good one between you & you can’t keep up with the maintenance you’re doing the right thing.
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

Growster...

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2019, 18:02 »
I reckon the right time to move is a few months before you think you need to, Goosey.

For one, the pressure of worrying whether you're making the right decision is off, and you're already planning ahead, so well done you and Squire Gander!

I'll arrange for the welcoming party - about three-hundred of us all I bet, so maybe another loaf and a few bickies may do the trick!

Tinctures will definitely be on an 'ad hock' basis, i.e. bring your own German wine...;0)

RubyRed

• Experienced Member
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2019, 20:29 »
   Also I hope you will be digging up some of your lovely spring flowers. Don't leave them all behind.

goose

• Experienced Member
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2019, 22:04 »
Im not aware of your situation, but it sounds like you have made the correct decision.

one tip I will say though is if there are any shrubs or stuff you want to take from your garden, remember to exclude them from sale in the handover sheet (or whatever its called).  you are allowed to take them as long as you stipulate beforehand.

when we bought our house with a large established garden, the previous owners turned up after we moved in asking to dig up stuff that they didn't intend to leave :ohmy:.....they were shown the gate, but noteworthy for future moves.

good luck in your new abode, im sure you will be very happy. :)

snowdrops

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2019, 22:08 »
I’d start to take lots of cuttings 😉

Growster...

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2019, 07:29 »
When we moved a couple of hundred yards away from the old 'Turrets', Mrs Growster used up the last of her amazing energy in giving the old place a good Hoovering.

The following day, when all the packing cases were being cleared out here, we couldn't find the old machine anywhere!

Two-hundred yard dash and yup, there it was, bereft in our old front room, with the new owners (lovely people, Scottish and true to their word on a deal sealed by a handshake), slightly bemused!

Red face? Naaaah; lots of happiness and also some from their small boy, as we'd left him a big pile of Lego...

Goosegirl

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2019, 12:10 »
I'm starting to compile a list of things we've done here and the approximate dates. Basically over the years it's been renovated from top to bottom but is looking a bit tired now, just like me!  ::) I did think about things we want to take with us and will add them to the list, but there's only a fairly new shed, our chicken ark, two statures, some stone pots and some of my lovely Hellebores. If we manage to get this bungalow, believe it or not it has a cottage garden on two sides at the back, lots of shelter from the winds which will be new for me as will what looks like a slightly acid soil. Fingers, legs, toes and eyes crossed we get it!  :)

Fairy Plotmother

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2019, 14:57 »
Good luck GG. I sometimes wish I had the courage to leave our home of 44 years.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2019, 10:37 by Fairy Plotmother »

grinling

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2019, 20:54 »
Home is where you are and a change of house is just that. We still have our 1st house, but it is not our home and the tenant has painted and recarpeted the lounge. Our home is in Lincs.

Growster...

« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2019, 21:19 »
You'll be just fine, Goosey!

What are 'senior' years for if they can't be used to understand that life can become even more daunting, and that you need to draw on your experiences and use the expertise you've gained for so long!

A move like this is a great acceptable challenge! Just enjoy what lies ahead, eh?

(If I say 'Lie back and think of England' again I'll probably get modded, but zoditt)!

ches

• Experienced Member
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2019, 23:29 »
All the best in your new bungalow! I’d love a cottage with some land...alas, I’m stuck to a one bed flat that I share with the OH and two furbabies
Ches

sospan

« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2019, 18:16 »
Best of luck with the move.

One thing to watch out for - Solicitors delaying things. I know quite people whom have made house purchases recently with fairly straight forward deals. Even then it has taken them many, many months to get the keys in their hands.  I bought a house in 2017 even though I was paying cash, the house was empty and no issues it still took over 4 months to complete.

Hope it goes well

Goosegirl

« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2019, 12:57 »
Zoddit is exactly the word we used when we made our decision. We just want to spend time to enjoy ourselves and really relax instead of 000000000000000000000000000...………………………………………………….
What the ****? Believe it or not that was my tortie cat Daphne treading on my keyboard. She is even more savvy than I ever realised so when we move I'll get a little keyboard piano and tape the sounds she makes. Next year I could be either a millionaire or … answers on a postcat please!  :lol:

xx
Moving house.

Started by Goosegirl on Chatting on the Plot

1 Replies
Last post September 04, 2019, 15:34
by mrs bouquet
xx
Moving house used to be so easy.

Started by Goosegirl on Chatting on the Plot

11 Replies
Last post February 17, 2020, 14:14
by Goosegirl
xx
Moving to Sheffield!!

Started by Scribbler on Chatting on the Plot

8 Replies
Last post October 02, 2018, 10:13
by Scribbler
xx
Moving photos

Started by jezza on Chatting on the Plot

2 Replies
Last post February 23, 2020, 14:13
by JayG

Page created in 0.132 seconds with 53 queries.