Lychnis Coronaria ?

• 3 Replies

mrs bouquet

Lychnis Coronaria ?
« on: July 25, 2021, 12:04 »
I love these plants.  I have both pink and white about 2.6ft high.  They are sprayed right out to about 2ft across.
Normally I try to dead-head them, but with so many garden tasks, this has not been done.  The pink one is slightly shaded,  and looks okish. The white not so.  It is not so shaded .  There are still quite alot of flowers but the leaves have gone brown, so the appearance is not brilliant.  What would you do now ?   Thanks  Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
Re: Lychnis Coronaria ?
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2021, 13:40 »
Pray that the cooler weather and rain revives them, so that they grow more leaves  ;)

Growster...

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2021, 14:59 »
They are fabulous plants, Mrs B! We have several which self-seeded, but the seeds are easy to collect, and I can get a reasonable result when getting them going in spare spots!

As Mum says, they'll decide!

mrs bouquet

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2021, 13:52 »
Yesterday afternoon, I went out and removed the very worst white one, there is one behind that which is huge anyway.   I had a clump growing all together, so I dug them all out and moved the largest across to another bed.  It was raining so I hope it settles in.   There are lots of little plants around.  So I don't think I will run out.
It is difficult to see the soil, because of the millions of Marigold seedlings.  At least I think that is what they are !!!   Thanks for your replies,   Mrs B

xx
Lychnis

Started by mrs bouquet on General Gardening

8 Replies
Last post July 15, 2023, 11:03
by jaydig
xx
Lychnis (white flowers)

Started by mrs bouquet on General Gardening

4 Replies
Last post July 02, 2020, 12:20
by JayG

Page created in 0.143 seconds with 43 queries.