What I did on the plot today 2020

• 247 Replies

mikem

• Experienced Member
Re: What I did on the plot today 2020
« Reply #60 on: February 09, 2020, 20:17 »
What a surprise nobody been working down at their plot today - perhaps tomorrow to check on damage!

Plot 1 Problems

• Global Moderator
« Reply #61 on: February 09, 2020, 20:48 »
Got to the plot, stepped out of the car, the heavens opened. Checked the polytunnel was intact and then fled home!

Plot 1 Problems

• Global Moderator
« Reply #62 on: February 22, 2020, 19:02 »
Moved one of my chopped water barrel containers to a better location and then sowed up some broad beans in  pots in the tunnel.
The variety were Syrian Black broad beans provided in the 2018 seed circle by Whitehill, so I'll shamelessly take this opportunity to plug this years seed circle, link below come and join the Dark Side! :D

https://chat.allotment-garden.org/index.php?topic=131650.0

Mr Rotavator

• Experienced Member
« Reply #63 on: February 23, 2020, 21:18 »
Turned the heap, bit of tidying and sowed some more broad beans in loo rolls.

OakR

« Reply #64 on: February 29, 2020, 20:47 »
5 rows of peas went in today straight into the ground, with the kids doing around half of them - their first visit this year! So around 300 peas on, 200 Early Onward (never tried before) and 100 or so unknown Spanish ones I've had I think for 3-4 years now. I soaked them all last night, all the Early Onward (fresh seeds) sunk to the bottom, my spanish ones about 1/3 flotated with the rest sinking. I was going to do an experiment and sow the row half and half to see what happened, but as I turned out I had more than I thought so planted all the ones that sunk. I might try something with the 'floaters' tomorrow to see if ones that float are less likely to come up.

Thrutchington

• Experienced Member
  • Now then!
« Reply #65 on: March 01, 2020, 18:41 »
Seed sowing, giant winter leeks and giving shallot seeds a try. Put a new door on the shed and finished some raised bed woodwork preparation. Thawed out for an hour afterwards.

jambop

« Reply #66 on: March 01, 2020, 20:00 »
Well I have just sown two rows of carrots... early even for here but whats to lose?

Mr Rotavator

• Experienced Member
« Reply #67 on: March 01, 2020, 20:06 »
Went to the plot around the corner to plant out broad beans and it started to rain so went home and sowed lettuce, coriander, radish and spring onions in soil blocks in a tray. They'll go straight out into a cold frame as soon as they show their heads.

Kelebek

« Reply #68 on: March 02, 2020, 19:14 »
I went to the plot, moved a massive pile of rubbish and built a compost bin. The garlic and onions are coming on strong.

Mr Rotavator

• Experienced Member
« Reply #69 on: March 05, 2020, 22:59 »
I've been putting the germinated beans outside as they show their heads this week along with lettuce and salad under cover.

Plot 1 Problems

• Global Moderator
« Reply #70 on: March 08, 2020, 13:26 »
Had a couple of hours free this morning. Weeded a couple of beds (still more to do) and added a few more loads of woodchips to the paths.

rowlandwells

« Reply #71 on: March 12, 2020, 18:33 »
 we usually have a day of Thursdays we go to our local village market today bacon rolls and buy our home made cakes and a visit to our local garden centre to see what there bought back from the auctions many plants at the rite price needless to say my other half has field day

we have been very busy this week replacing our potting shed roof also sowing seed in the greenhouse there's plenty to do hopefully it will drying up so we can start down the allotments next week we went down the allotment last week to get some bushes out to re-plant on our friends farm good job he took his mini digger to get them out because the ground was still very wet and when we re-planed them in his field it to was like planting a paddy field

so its back to normal garden duties tomorrow greenhouse seed sowing also on the list is replacing the poly tunnel sheet together with new staging replacing the doors as a gardener you know there's always something to do on the allotments and  gardens

Thrutchington

• Experienced Member
  • Now then!
« Reply #72 on: March 14, 2020, 17:36 »
I got hold of some unwanted second hand guttering today. I have a 45 gallon drum doing nothing so will fit the guttering to the potting shed and start properly harvesting rainwater this year.

;)

Plot 1 Problems

• Global Moderator
« Reply #73 on: March 14, 2020, 19:27 »
I turned up at the plot hoping to weed and compost the beds but I spotted that site's water supply was back on so  I cleaned the outside of the polytunnel with the hosepipe and a brush.

Mr Rotavator

• Experienced Member
« Reply #74 on: March 14, 2020, 20:08 »
Planted out the first sowing of broad beans today and during the week I moved the germinated salad out to the cold frame.

xx
Been to my plot today for......

Started by jacnal on Grow Your Own

32 Replies
Last post October 23, 2007, 21:17
by gobs
xx
what I did NOT do on the plot today.

Started by richrua on Grow Your Own

11 Replies
Last post March 30, 2013, 10:29
by BabbyAnn
xx
my plot today (pics)

Started by pawsnclaws on Grow Your Own

0 Replies
Last post January 25, 2010, 14:01
by pawsnclaws
xx
What I did on the plot today 2024

Started by New shoot on Grow Your Own

19 Replies
Last post March 18, 2024, 19:19
by vikingraider

Page created in 0.324 seconds with 54 queries.