Incubating Eggs at interval

• 2 Replies

Prod

Incubating Eggs at interval
« on: December 17, 2015, 19:14 »
I bought myself a new Brinsea fully automatic inccy with humidity tank and used it twice with good results from eggs I bought over the internet achieving a 75% success rate.  Recently my pair of white silkie bantams, well the hen anyway, started laying so as an experiment I started collecting her eggs which averaged 2 every three days. When I had 8 I set  them in the inccy but as she laid a further 4 over the next week I added them as she laid them.  Last Friday the first 8 starting hatching with a 100% success rate, I left them in the inncy, with the remaining 4 eggs, for a few days until I moved them into the heated brooder.  Today 2 of the remaining 4 eggs have started to hatch and I am confident the remaining two are fertile.  Has anyone else every done this??  I am interested because of the length of time to collect the eggs and yet the first lot all hatched over a 24 hour period and now the others are too.........   At least I know I have a fertile pair of Silkies.......anyone want some chicks????? :D
IMG_4330 (2).JPG

Sassy

Re: Incubating Eggs at interval
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2015, 12:43 »
It is not usually a good idea as different conditions in the incubator are required at different times. I hope you are lucky but this could cause abnormalities.
Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted!!

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
Re: Incubating Eggs at interval
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2015, 09:26 »
I agree, they all need to go in the incubator at the same time. Eggs are fine kept stored for a couple of weeks so you would have time to collect them.
Good luck with your little ones and hopefully you will have more females than males :)
Staffies are softer than you think.

xx
incubating eggs

Started by redspookycooky on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post January 28, 2011, 12:57
by Casey76
xx
incubating eggs

Started by ceri green on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post January 16, 2009, 17:50
by Foxy
question
help needed incubating eggs

Started by padster on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post September 07, 2009, 00:01
by hillfooter
xx
Incubating chicken eggs

Started by Justinwadey on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post January 19, 2010, 13:05
by Sarah Mitchell

Page created in 0.223 seconds with 34 queries.