Palram rattling poly greenhouse...

• 5 Replies

jmg1414

Palram rattling poly greenhouse...
« on: August 05, 2013, 15:07 »
Hello all.

I will excuse all of you who say why did she not read the reviews...and I usually do but this time I didn't...

It is driving me mad and all my neighbours I suspect.....It is the flexing of the light poly panels its like a dozen wobble boards...I found a review where the owner said that he was putting strips across, now that sounds good as that will stop them pushing in and then back out again....anyone of you clever experienced gardeners any idea what to use to stop this...I do not think silicone will help as the panels are quite sound in the grooves it is just the flexing...Please help before I get herded out of my close by the neighbours....

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
Re: Palram rattling poly greenhouse...
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2013, 16:14 »
the silicone seems work as it stops them being able to move, so they can't flex - it's what I did with my Norfolk greenhouse  ;)

Other than that buy some thin aluminium strips/angle and use it to make your own cross bars

Annen

• Anne's Gardening Diary
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2013, 22:48 »
Cut thin strips of pipe lagging and press it into the gaps.  It worked on our bathroom door panels.
Anne

coop-de-tat

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2013, 01:41 »
I'm fixing up my GH (see http://chat.allotment-garden.org/index.php?topic=108450.0)

I am re-glazing with polycarbonate and have bought some double sided glazing foam strips and will use W-clips to hold each pane sheets  tight to this, hopefully I won't have any probs.

CdT
Tongue-tied and twisted just an earth-bound misfit.

jmg1414

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2013, 13:18 »
Just to tell you all thanks for replies...bought 4mm poly panels to replace the rattling thin poly stuff that came with G/H.
Took ma bit of doing but after trimming and a lot of brute force the difference is enormous ....lovely quiet nights with the window open..I am sure my neighbours will appreciate it too....my advice...buy the most expensive you can as I have now spent more to update mine....No Palram with clear poly ....absolute rubbish...happy gardening...

geoffjean

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2020, 22:12 »
recently purchased Palram harmony G/H good frame but the noise from glazing panels unbelievable !!
They were flexing in and out even in a light breeze and during recent strong winds frightening !!
I contacted Palram after sales advisor who heard the noise over my mobile phone and thought I might have "a set of faulty panels" that could have shrunk in manufacture.He kindly offered to send a set of new ones but i mentioned 4mm twinwall sheets and he duly sent me 2 of them to try.....the difference was immediate,they obviously flex slightly but without that "rattle" noise and feel more secure.I await delivery of a full set of 4mm panels as in the Mythos model to replace all.GOOD customer care from Palram

xx
Gardman, Palram or BillyOh Greenhouse?

Started by mclarkuk1 on Design and Construction

12 Replies
Last post January 27, 2012, 20:36
by Ice
xx
poly v greenhouse

Started by bailey on Design and Construction

1 Replies
Last post February 05, 2011, 21:33
by mumofstig
xx
'Glazing' a polycarb Palram Silverline

Started by PurplePixie on Design and Construction

2 Replies
Last post January 24, 2012, 20:35
by Yorkie
xx
Poly-house ??

Started by freyaluck on Design and Construction

12 Replies
Last post October 06, 2008, 22:17
by robbobnbill

Page created in 0.126 seconds with 37 queries.