I need to rethink

• 19 Replies

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
Re: I need to rethink
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2010, 22:20 »
Or even jubilee clips.
Now there's an idea........haven't got much brute force to do cable ties :blush: but I can use a screwdriver :lol:

JayG

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2010, 09:17 »
Might get a bit expensive in jubilee clips!  :unsure:

Cable ties are easier to tighten if you use two pairs of pliers; one to grip the free end of the tie while you pull and the other to push the locking block in the opposite direction.

If you've only got 1 pair of pliers, preferably long-nosed, you can grip the tie next to the locking block and lever the tie an extra couple of clicks against the locking block. Harder to describe than the two-pliers method but quite easy when you do it!  :)
Sow your seeds, plant your plants. What's the difference? A couple of weeks or more when answering possible queries!

One of the best things about being an orang-utan is the fact that you don't lose your good looks as you get older

rainbow1

• Experienced Member
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2010, 23:10 »
because the waterpipe my son acquired to make a polytunnel is 32mm diameter, which is exactly the same as the metal pipe I've just hammered in to the soil for the uprights  ::)

Has anybody any suggestions for joining the 2 pipes together, now that I can't just slide the waterpipe over the top of the metal pipe :(

As a mater of interest MOS, what sort of metal pipe are you using?

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2010, 08:59 »
It was small scaffold tube, from an old hand rail that was being taken down.....I was, sort of, following the plans from here

rainbow1

• Experienced Member
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2010, 10:37 »
Thank you!

Page created in 0.117 seconds with 35 queries.