Aaaaaagh

• 5 Replies

yorkshirerose

Aaaaaagh
« on: November 04, 2007, 11:54 »
Awhile back I was in the run with my chooks - all 10 are still doing very well by the way - the 6 ex-batts are still going strong - one every now and then lays a double yolker - shall find out some day which one.
Anyway was in the run talking to em then I thought I was looking at a baby rabbit under the branches on the ground (left some old boughs for the girls to perch on outside).
Went abit closer and then it looked like a chincilla - but when it turned there was no mistake - a rat which must have had a fight with a plough or something cos its ear flopped over.
It must have brain damage cos it just sat there with not a care in the world.
I quickly went to get the terrier (patterdale) we got up very close but Diddy was more interested in the girls and I was not going to let go of him. The rat looked at us for ages (only about 5ft away) and then bolted out the run and to the end of the garden where it must live.
Diddy didnt even see it - can tell he hasnt ratted for  a while.
Later that day ratty was coming down the lane at side of our garden hedge - then  the kennels are beyond that.
Hubby quickly got Diddy and this time the hunt was on but ratty managed to get away. :roll:
Not seen him in the run since but we shall have him.
Live every day as your last - enjoy life and smile.

muntjac

Aaaaaagh
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2007, 12:00 »
i kiled a few here since last month lol ,trapping em heheh :wink:
still alive /............

yorkshirerose

Aaaaaagh
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2007, 12:08 »
One of the farm workers who fills the rat bait boxes had to quickly put the lid down on one box cos there were a couple of rats in it and they sqreeched at him. Gave him a fright  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
So we will be hitting them with the terriers - been a heck of  a year for rats aint it :?:

muntjac

Aaaaaagh
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2007, 12:37 »
yups cos the wet :roll:

Des C

Aaaaaagh
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2007, 14:45 »
Still, a rat hunt with terriers is one of the greatest buzzes going. I love Patterdales particularly - hard as flint, even if they need watching with other livestock.

See?? There's a bright side to every problem!!

Good Luck
Des C

Selkie

Aaaaaagh
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2007, 14:59 »
Quote from: "Des C"
Still, a rat hunt with terriers is one of the greatest buzzes going.

especially if you're the rat :roll:

Page created in 0.258 seconds with 38 queries.