Is that a parrot or a puffin?

• 10 Replies

Goosegirl

Is that a parrot or a puffin?
« on: May 22, 2020, 11:49 »
One of my dearest friends had a couple of rellies over the other day so she sent me some pics. I thought I'd share one with you because we're both as daft as each other. I emailed her back along with the link to Monty Python's dead parrot sketch. Don't ask me what she'd been imbibing because I haven't a clue where she got it from. Please tell me Mr Growster hasn't been selling his hooch on-line!  :lol:
A locked-down parrott (337 x 600).jpg
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

mrs bouquet

Re: Is that a parrot or a puffin?
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2020, 12:49 »
It looks to me like a puffing parrot  :lol: :lol:  Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

Growster...

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2020, 14:25 »
When I was a young kid (all those years ago), we used to use a fret saw to make plywood birds like that, and they could balance on a perch because the tail had some sort of weight in it!

It has nothing to do with online hooch, which actually isn't easy to come by at the moment, as lots of suppliers have 'dried up'..:0~
« Last Edit: May 22, 2020, 14:26 by Growster... »

Goosegirl

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2020, 14:49 »
Sorry, I should have said it's an inflatable parrot.  :blush:

mrs bouquet

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2020, 15:23 »
If it is inflatable, it is even more full of puff. So perhaps it is a puffin.     :lol:  Mrs B

Growster...

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2020, 18:21 »
Beauuuuutiful Plumage, the Norwegian Blue!

:0)

Goosegirl

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2020, 12:50 »
She just emailed me today to say she had two large ones and four smaller ones. Apparently the pump she
used blew the larger ones to pieces, so she'll probably try some budgie-jumping with the others as Sir Ken Dodd excellently demonstrated in one of his DVD's, but I hope she has a softer landing than he did!  :lol:

Growster...

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2020, 20:09 »
"she had two large ones and four smaller ones"

Sounds like - er - a plan...:o~

Goosegirl

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2020, 11:59 »

It has nothing to do with online hooch, which actually isn't easy to come by at the moment as lots of suppliers have 'dried up'..:0~

Oh yes it is because my dear mate and I found a little supplier of the vino collapse not far away from us which they deliver to your door at quite a reasonable price too.  ;)

Growster...

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2020, 14:09 »
We only have home-made red these days, Goosey (see posts passim), it's the elderberry concentrate which seems to be in short supply, the other stuff you can get at Waitrose, or Twongos...

https://chat.allotment-garden.org/index.php?topic=77564.0

There's only twenty-one gallons on the go at the moment, with five ready to slurp as we speak - or slur...

(Actually, when good chums visit, we also have a ready stash of mainly French wine, as we mustn't impose our bad habits on others..:0)

Goosegirl

« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2020, 12:26 »
Why not Growster? That's what two Canons of Cockersand Abbey did when they lured certain maids into their trestle beds because hot-water bottles were not allowed at that time. Methinks there might have been a certain bribery conducted under the covers to enable the current cellarer to provide enough home brew so he could nip into the kitchen to launder his undergarments in hot water. Unfortunately he forgot to change the cotton cycle to the wool-wash cycle so he's now singing in the choir with a rather high voice.  ;)

Page created in 0.111 seconds with 40 queries.