Still being attacked

• 18 Replies

Craig69

• Experienced Member
  • Kinder - Cadbury & Little One ~ Newton Abbot
    • Jellyfish Window Cleaning
Re: Still being attacked
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2010, 07:41 »
I bet it wouldn't stop that many people buying eggs from battery farms - some people just buy what is cheapest & don't care where it came from.

Good idea though!

Might add a couple pictures to my customer payment slips & website to do my bit!

evie2

« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2010, 12:49 »
I know your right Craig, we can only but try and live in hope that sense will eventually prevail :happy:
May this day be blessed with gifts, understanding and friends.  Merlin 2001-2012 Pandora 2001-2013 xxx

greendog

« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2010, 16:27 »
as i mentioned on another thread, in my experience, vic ( the decongestant ) on the victim stopped the bullies after only one or two tastes. i was reluctant at first to use it but when you see how cruel they can be to each other and the damage they can do you have to find something.

cejx

• Experienced Member
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2010, 18:03 »
as i mentioned on another thread, in my experience, vic ( the decongestant ) on the victim stopped the bullies after only one or two tastes. i was reluctant at first to use it but when you see how cruel they can be to each other and the damage they can do you have to find something.

I shall give that a go.  I'll try anything to be honest - but then again, its not just the pecking, its the chasing and them flattening her with their big chickeny feet.  I've tried two types of antipeck and neither have worked.

Current update - as of this morning (as advised by the BHWT) I've separated the bully, and she is rather miserably residing in a stable.  I was hoping it would sort stuff out, but no.  I now worry I've separated the wrong chicken!  Its becoming a farce.  However, I shall leave her as advised for 48 hours, and then playing musical chickens, will separate another head honcho.

Just one question, I've enriched their coop, mixed up there foods, done everything I can think of to keep them 'amused' (6 hens in a 12x6 ft coop so space isn't an issue), but the just don't seem to be bothered.  Is thins because they're ex bats - and thus don't understand 'treats' or 'play'?  So many peeps on here says that their hens will kill for a grape - mine, didn't bat an eyelid!  Any advice on this?
**ginger•henna•margo•matilda•hattie••5 ex-bats & betty the rescued bluebelle**

xx
hen attacked by the other hen

Started by sneezer on The Hen House

19 Replies
Last post February 02, 2013, 14:32
by ANHBUC
xx
Help please - our old hen has been attacked

Started by heatherhsp on The Hen House

35 Replies
Last post November 18, 2010, 12:09
by compostqueen
xx
Attacked by a rat????

Started by RosieMay on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post February 01, 2011, 20:19
by RosieMay
xx
attacked hen

Started by scott bell on The Hen House

7 Replies
Last post June 03, 2008, 22:52
by scott bell

Page created in 0.248 seconds with 39 queries.