My poor little Tiger has been in the wars :(

• 11 Replies

Casey76

My poor little Tiger has been in the wars :(
« on: November 27, 2009, 14:58 »
Not that is has bothered him  ::)

Tiger has obviously been scrapping with one of the many cats which live in the village, and has a small abscess under his jaw.  I didn't even know about it until I accidentally evacuated it when I was giving him a chin scratch last night *bleurgh*

Fortunately he is still eating well (too well? - he's a greedly s*d), but still, we are off to the vet tomorrow afternoon to make sure it is not bigger than what I thought, probably have it lanced properly and the joy of antibiotics... byebye 100e

madcat

Re: My poor little Tiger has been in the wars :(
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2009, 15:09 »
Extra fuss will still be in order!  Poor fella ...  (Could have been the son of my late and lovely tabby)
All we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about (Charles Kingsley)

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2009, 15:10 »
I didn't even know about it until I accidentally evacuated it when I was giving him a chin scratch last night *bleurgh*

oooh yuk yuk yuk  :lol:

He looks a handsome chap though  :D
Staffies are softer than you think.

tode

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2009, 15:14 »
Ours had one on her tail, recently.  Not a very pleasant job, lancing them, but Tiger should be fighting fit in a few days   :D

Caralou

• Family Member.
    • Lowcostliving
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2009, 17:28 »
Aw poor tiger :( It must be a day for battles and war wounds. I'm currently at my friends house with his Cassipuss who has had to have stitches today where he ripped open his tail  :ohmy: I'm going to post a photo later as he looks so comical now as his tail is like a poodle with how they shaved it :lol: He is also wearing a lampshade collar as he keeps biting at it ::) Let us know how Tiger goes on, he's a very handsome chap  :D

Parsnip

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2009, 17:55 »
He's lovely :D Poor fella, he looks nice and  comfy there, although he does that "I need fuss and maybe some chicken look" about him though ::) :lol:

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2009, 22:15 »
Hope he gets better soon

Our dog had lots of abscesses when his pores got blocked (sheepdog fur) and we simply used salt water on them, seemed to work once we (Mum) got used to lancing them regularly - *eughhh* is right  :ohmy:
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

totalnovice

• kates allotment adventure
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2009, 20:39 »
awwww poor little puss! (yes pun intended  :tongue2:) Hope he is feeling ok, and you have recovered from the nasty little suprise!
He is lovely by the way, i love tabbies.
Kate
Always thankful for advice!

noshed

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2009, 11:32 »
Has he had his bits off? That sometimes stops them fighting. But cats' teeth are very sharp and deep - if they get a munch on another cat it often causes abcesses.
Fatty used to be quite prone to them but the worst was when he got one in his throat - presumably from muching something boney. Poor old soul needed 3 trips to the vet, which meant 3 shouting of the vet's surgery down.
Self-sufficient in rasberries and bindweed. Slug pellets can be handy.

Casey76

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2009, 13:15 »
Hi all... Tiger is feeling much better and not quite so sleepy any more.  We hd a minor hiccup at the vet and he had to be kept at the surgery for 3 hours.  He was not impressed to be left alone in a strange place by himself!  Hoever the vet concluded (like I did) he had been bitten and had a small abscess.  He had an anti-inflammatory jab and an antibiotic jab and I now have the joy of getting him to take tablets twice a day for 4 days.

Noshed, he is neutered (me being the opposite of the hard country farmer they have round here), unfortunately neutering is not something which is done automatically here, especially on the farms (and I'm surrounded by them), so the majority of the cats in the village are entire.  To be honest I have so many cats wandering around in my garden (and in my house if I don't close the door properly!) I don't know who the culprit is.

At least I know that my two kits are loved and are medicated as needed.  I have a feeling I may be "acquiring" anouther couple of kittens next spring... and as much as I would love a pedigree Norwegian Forest cat, rescuing a couple of mongrel kittens from an uncertain future means more to me (and no doubt to my vet as I ferry them backwards and forwards with the miriad of diseases semi-feral kittens pick up!)

madcat

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2009, 14:12 »
Bites from Grey squirrels are the worst!  Cat bites and abscesses aren't nice but the usual antibiotics deal with them (don't envy you that job!   :D).  But one of ours - when she was young and thought she was the ultimate hunter, caught and started to eat a squirrel.  Poor baby - the abscess from the bite took a double dose of antibiotics to clear and the tummy upset before we could start on the pills was .....   :ohmy: :( :(  She was poorly for the best part of two months.

raeburg

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2009, 18:15 »
Poor lad.  Rosa was bitten by a feral monster the first day she ventured out here and has not been confident about going out since.  She's OK with someone in the garden but scoots back in as soon as we go in.

grin
Oscar has been in the wars - Now he's back!

Started by Kate and her Ducks on Pets without Feathers

45 Replies
Last post October 27, 2013, 23:16
by ANHBUC
xx
the poor wee man

Started by arugula on Pets without Feathers

22 Replies
Last post January 04, 2010, 19:24
by hillbilly
xx
Poor Murphy!

Started by tosca100 on Pets without Feathers

4 Replies
Last post January 16, 2013, 20:39
by wighty
xx
poor spud

Started by Hawkins on Pets without Feathers

15 Replies
Last post February 02, 2010, 22:12
by janet12000

Page created in 0.201 seconds with 39 queries.