Chilli seeds in Propagator?

• 1 Replies

stickmeup

• Experienced Member
  • Newbie Allotment owner
Chilli seeds in Propagator?
« on: May 27, 2014, 08:54 »
Morning all

First time I've grown chilli's from seed, wasnt getting anything from the until I bough a cheap heated propagator and now they are doing great, question is, what do I do next??

Got a few different varities, seen that I need to take them out of the prop once they have a second set of leaves on, but where do I put them, would they be ok to go into the greenhouse or do they need to stay indoors? Reason I ask is I have a cat which demolishes anything green in the house lol, and I dont want to put them out straight away and end up killing them

Any help would be appreciated :)

New shoot

• Global Moderator
Re: Chilli seeds in Propagator?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2014, 09:29 »
My peppers are out in the unheated greenhouse, but I am a lot further south than you.  They need to stay at a decent temperature to keep going, so if you are getting overnight temperatures of under 10 degrees C, I would keep them inside and protect them from the cat.

The tin foil reflectors often recommended on here would be quite good at keeping the cat off.  Basically a cardboard screen covered with foil, behind the plants on the windowsill, to make sure they get light from all sides.  I make mine with a cardboard lip that goes under a plastic rectangular trough saucer and then sit my pots on that  :)

xx
When To Sow My Veg Seeds In My Propagator

Started by Markjp on Grow Your Own

12 Replies
Last post February 26, 2013, 22:07
by Yorkie
xx
Propagator Temperatures for seeds

Started by wbmkk on Grow Your Own

1 Replies
Last post January 30, 2014, 13:56
by JayG
xx
Watering seeds in the heated propagator

Started by rhysdad on Grow Your Own

12 Replies
Last post February 28, 2010, 06:38
by Kristen
xx
Chilli Seeds

Started by ches on Grow Your Own

21 Replies
Last post January 23, 2020, 08:52
by New shoot

Page created in 0.315 seconds with 39 queries.