Total Members Voted: 7

Voting closed: January 21, 2008, 23:03

Allotment exchange or sell

• 11 Replies

slowef

• http://journals.aol.co.uk/slowef/thehenhouse/
« on: January 21, 2008, 23:03 »
We were talking about excess birds and think it would be nice to be able to offer them for exchange or sale here to people we know will look after them rather than selling to total strangers.

If this is ok with Boss John

I have started a poll to see how popular this idea is to the members here
S
x

Selkie

« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2008, 23:06 »
I think you aren't allowed sell things on here Sandra

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2008, 23:10 »
Quote from: "Selkie"
I think you aren't allowed sell things on here Sandra

You're quite right Rose.  John does not allow things to be advertised for sale on here. Swap, postage, or gift only  :D

You can add your details to the poultry suppiers list like GGA has done though  :D

slowef

• http://journals.aol.co.uk/slowef/thehenhouse/
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2008, 23:12 »
It was just an idea we had when talking the other day about excess birds that we didnt want to sell/give to strangers.

its just to get some feedback to see if it could maybe considered as an option for the future

WG.

mashauk

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2008, 23:15 »
If you change the sex from birds to blokes I might :twisted:

ness

• Experienced Member
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2008, 09:45 »
:lol:  :lol:  :lol:
 :twisted:
No comment!

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2008, 12:30 »
The reasons I'm against selling things on here are twofold.

First, I don't want the forums to turn into a commercial operation. How to control it? Would it go from chickens and rotovators to anything and everything.  It's a sad fact that things can go out of control very quickly.

Secondly, if a member buys off another member on here and things go wrong then I'm bound to be pulled in. I may even have legal liabilities as well as moral.

I'm not against the idea in principle - just worried that it could all end in tears.  What I will do is ask the family lawyer about legals (got to get some return on the costs of putting her through uni!) and think about some ways to do it  if enough people are interested.

The suppliers in the allotment shop are all people I have and would be happy to deal with, by the way.  I've been approached by a number of firms - some offering very good money - to endorse and promote their stuff but I wasn't comfortable with them so they don't get listed.
Check out our books - ideal presents

John and Val Harrison's Books

wildeone

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2008, 12:34 »
He means it too!  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  actually he means it three!!!  :wink:

wildeone

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2008, 12:35 »
where did they go!!!???? Amazing how you computer whizz types can correct yourself so fast!!!  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Bodger

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2008, 13:45 »
There are some forums where items are sold between contributing members in a  trading section.
 Out and out spamming by people out to use the forum just  as a selling medium is vigerously controlled.
In reality the amount of traffic through the trading sections tends to be fairly  light. This is especially the case for things like chickens and  is probably governed by the large distances between members.  A trading section on these forums can and is looked upon as being a useful section for its contributing members to use.
Any deals struck between members are between them and has nothing to do with the forum owners.

Foxy

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2008, 15:16 »
I often have a few spare birds - good and healthy plus reared lovingly. I wouldn't want to advertise as a supplier -or company because I would be nervous about poeple knowing my address. However, I would be happy to know my birds to the best of my abilities have gone to a good home. Auctions are OK only if you are level headed and very experienced. I personally would like to be able to visit where the bird has been reared and see what the condition is like of the housing and other birds - just a personal opinion mind! :lol:  :lol: I have seen other sites where members only can buy/exchange birds and I think it is a good idea buying from an established forum member - an example would be greatgrannieannie.

xx
New yahoo group for egg exchange in Leicestershire

Started by richyrich7 on The Hen House

0 Replies
Last post April 25, 2007, 22:03
by richyrich7
xx
When to Sell?

Started by heifer on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post May 27, 2007, 11:32
by Aunt Sally
xx
Should I sell my babies? And how?

Started by janeheritage on The Hen House

10 Replies
Last post July 07, 2009, 14:20
by wildwitchy
xx
how much do you sell your eggs for?

Started by jonandjen16 on The Hen House

20 Replies
Last post July 06, 2008, 17:23
by Kate and her Ducks

Page created in 0.212 seconds with 36 queries.