Is there a treatment?

• 6 Replies

Kim50

Is there a treatment?
« on: March 04, 2012, 13:33 »
Due to taking on a major academic project this year, ironically linked to my allotment, I was going to grow less varieties, but more of the less time consuming ones.  So how is it, that I have more seeds than last year  ???  My question, is there treatment for the 'that looks interesting, might be able to fit that in somewhere' or do i I have learn to live with my addiction  :wacko:

sunshineband

• Global Moderator
  • Tallest Sunflower prizewinner 2014
    • A Little Bit of Sunshine
Re: Is there a treatment?
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2012, 13:35 »
I have to inform you that this is a life long addiction, which some of us try to control through careful planning ahead each year, and sharing our seed bounty (usually from 50p sales at the end ofthe season  :lol: ) with friends.
Wisdom is knowing what to ignore - be comfortable in your own skin.
My Blog
My Diary
My Diary Comments

Mrs Bee

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2012, 13:43 »
Due to taking on a major academic project this year, ironically linked to my allotment, I was going to grow less varieties, but more of the less time consuming ones.  So how is it, that I have more seeds than last year  ???  My question, is there treatment for the 'that looks interesting,[/b][/u] might be able to fit that in somewhere' or do i I have learn to live with my addiction  :wacko:

NO treatment what so ever.   You will just have to learn to live with it :wacko:

Kim50

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2012, 14:04 »
This is what I thought...my daughter commented...'really mum, where are you going to put that'.. :tongue2:

viettaclark

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2012, 23:50 »
I'm trying so hard not to eat into the rest of the garden. I dug up some grass and made 2 extra beds last year and have spent a fortune on large pots for every available inch on the patio!
This year the OH has made me a 20' x 1' shelf that runs along the fence and I've put all my strawberries in troughs on it. This has freed up some raised bed area. I've also dug over a bit of ground near the chicken coop and can get 2 rows of 24 (12 x 2) runners and climbing French beans in there, freeing up another area.
I've got to have room to try Salsify, different coloured kales (I usually only do the Tuscan black kale) and give sprouts a go.
Everything has been planned in minute detail so there's no way I can be enticed by ANOTHER packet of seeds......(she says.....) :nowink: ::) :D

Growster...

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2012, 05:48 »
Like that Vietta!

Last year, before we took on another whole 'Patch', in addition to our half 'Plot', I made an extra 100' or so sq ft from making the edges that bit straighter, reclaiming a bit more round the heaps and shed etc, and still wanted more - hence the big expansion...

Best thing we did, as veg like salsify, (fantastic veg, gorgeous flavour), and Kohl rabi will get their own beds, and those beds are already being earmarked for enlargement by Mrs G...

So Kim, yup, it is an addiction, and that's a fact!

BabbyAnn

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2012, 08:53 »
the addiction is worst when you decide to grow different varieties of the same veg to see which ones do best in the same growing conditions (so they are more comparable) and which taste better  ::) 

xx
Slug treatment

Started by MalcW on Grow Your Own

28 Replies
Last post July 22, 2016, 10:26
by MalcW
xx
Pea Moth Treatment

Started by MickyB on Grow Your Own

91 Replies
Last post July 28, 2013, 10:03
by sowitgrowit
xx
Best treatment for powdery mildew?

Started by infowarrior on Grow Your Own

10 Replies
Last post November 26, 2011, 12:08
by davejg
xx
Potato Blight treatment

Started by greenhead on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post June 27, 2014, 18:14
by Growster...

Page created in 0.302 seconds with 38 queries.