massive egg!!!

• 9 Replies

wildwitchy

massive egg!!!
« on: March 12, 2011, 12:00 »
One of my rescues laid this egg (101 grams). Its almost as big as one of my goose eggs! I couldnt get over it when I saw it this morning! Must be all the porridge at bedtime.
DSCF1782.JPG

Chuckiemum

Re: massive egg!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2011, 16:16 »
Blimey !!!  That must have made her eyes water !!! I bet you will be fighting over who gets to eat it  ! :)

LittleRedHen

• little red hens egg blog
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2011, 10:33 »
Now that's a whopper! :blink:
When I die I will slide in sideways, a glass of wine in one hand and chocolate in the other, screaming, "Whooo hooo!  What a ride!" as life is to be enjoyed to the fullest!

wildwitchy

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2011, 10:47 »
I think it could be a double yolker but I've swapped it for some seeds for the lottie. I'll have to ask.

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2011, 10:48 »
sounds like a good swap  :)
Staffies are softer than you think.

wildwitchy

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2011, 11:05 »
The man who owns the balti has got an allotment so when I have a curry, we talk "lottie"  :lol:

He grows alot of asian cooking veggies & he has promised to bring me over some seeds this evening. So I gave him "the massive egg" to try.  :lol:

ANHBUC

• "You looking at me?!!!"
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2011, 11:34 »
That is huge, my Bovan Goldline "Bossy Boots" laid 96g eggs Tuesday and Thursday last week.  We did the honours on Friday night and had gammon, chips and a double yolker each.  So if that is anything to go by yours should be at least double yolker. BB has been laying the occasional soft shelled egg so I am monitoring her for the cause.  Think it has been the wet weather, she is so gready she still free ranges in the rain.  Have given her cod liver oil to help with calcium absorbsion just in case there is a problem.  If you are lucky and get another record breaker make sure you treat yourself, ours were extra yummy.   :tongue2:
Ain't Nobody Here But Us Chickens!
Bagpuss RIP 1992 - June 2012, 1 huge grass carp (RIP "Jaws" July 2001 - December 2011), 4 golden orfe, 1 goldfish and 1 fantail fish (also huge)! plus 4 Italian quail, 1 Japanese quail, 1 Rosetta quail.

Oliveview

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2011, 17:35 »
From our older Rhode island red hens we often get eggs over 100gms one  day we had an egg weighing 135gms......it was a very hot day that day, from what i can remember it was around 118deg or more....the hen died that evening!
Pamela

wildwitchy

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2011, 10:23 »
From our older Rhode island red hens we often get eggs over 100gms one  day we had an egg weighing 135gms......it was a very hot day that day, from what i can remember it was around 118deg or more....the hen died that evening!
Pamela

I'm not surprised! It would be like us trying to have a 3 month child!!!

ANHBUC - Those are very good weights too but I cannot imagine it doing them any good laying huge eggs all the time. When I went up to get the eggs yesterday one of the girls eggs had some blood on them so I'll have to keep a check to make sure i've got no prolapses & wotnot after laying such a biggun!

I used to get double yolkers from my little leghorns on a regular basis but they've settled down down to around 80 - 90g eggs.

ANHBUC

• "You looking at me?!!!"
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2011, 16:03 »
Wildwitchy - You are right it can't be good for them.  Bossy Boots is only young 31 weeks and I am still getting soft shelled eggs occasionally.  She laid a 88g egg on Tuesday and then on Wednesday she laid 2 soft shelled eggs, one with 2 yolks and the other with no yolk.  Think it must be hormonal and she will balance things out when she is a bit older.  No egg at all today unless she is going to lay very late.  The other Bovan Goldline I have 'Mother Hen' lays every day without fail and no problems with huge eggs or soft shells. 

I also have 4 young Blackrocks who are 23 weeks old so I am looking forward  to their first eggs.  Have been doing loads of baking and need them to replenish my stocks for me.

xx
Massive....

Started by Taylor40 on Chicken Chat

10 Replies
Last post July 28, 2012, 01:06
by symonep
xx
Massive egg alert!!!

Started by uba on Chicken Chat

12 Replies
Last post May 02, 2011, 12:21
by Lindeggs

Page created in 0.143 seconds with 39 queries.