Complete Lockdown

• 16 Replies

mrs bouquet

Complete Lockdown
« on: April 05, 2020, 12:13 »
It will probably start after this weekend.   Selfish people flouting the rules, as we are seeing, will force a situation were nobody goes out AT ALL, as they have had to do in other parts of Europe.
Yesterdays local news showed people on Brighton beach having their bbq doused with water and being frogmarched off  :mad:   I saw a caravan being towed along the A24 whilst taking my walk, bicycles on the roof etc.   
Sorry, but we actually need pouring rain and gales to keep these idiots in.     Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

Goosegirl

Re: Complete Lockdown
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2020, 12:58 »
MB, I couldn't agree more! Unfortunately the NHS has no resources to deal with these morons because frontal lobotomies are not a priority at this current time.   
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

GraciesGran

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2020, 16:43 »
As always those of us who have.kept to the rules are going to be .punished by the blithering idiots who.assume the rules don't apply to them. 

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2020, 17:26 »
They are selfish fools.
A5AEC2D2-F8B9-4BDF-8E07-D7A6009D0267.jpeg

MrsPea

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2020, 18:32 »
Here here Mrs b people are so selfish, our motto is 'Just think everybody had it '
I Love my green house

Mr Dog

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2020, 19:24 »
If my neighbourhood is anything to go by it'll be coming soon. Of the 10 houses I can see through my living room window 3 are getting regular visits from family members - parents, siblings, offspring and grandchildren - who live elsewhere.

Growster...

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2020, 20:39 »
For the first time, we couldn't see our daughter on her birthday since she moved back nearer to us.

We even mucked up her card, as usually we take it with a bottle and a present, but she just told us to start a Zoom app for Ipad, and there we were - chatting away for ages tonight!

She said that it had been an incredible birthday as all her chums and workmates had an online celebration which went on all afternoon - and nobody had to drive home afterwards!

This lockdown scenario will have huge future repercussions on the way we work, travel, see chums etc. It really will change a whole lot of our lifestyles, shopping, working, even playing for kids.

She can now claim back hundreds of pounds on her London/Kent season ticket...

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2020, 09:36 »
I do have some sympathy with those who live in very urbanised areas and are stuck in housing with no garden, but you would think common sense would play some part.  Why go somewhere and set up a BBQ  :wacko:  Pick a time, get out for a walk, jog or cycle and then get home again. 

I saw TV pictures of crowds in Richmond Park this weekend.  That park is huge so why all be congregating on a path together.  Even where I am, we have commented in the shop at how many people are just wandering around outside.  Most shops are shut and they are clearly not food shopping.  We have parks and open space by the river where you could be well apart from one another.

My weekend has been work, home and a plot trip, where I saw 2 others and we waved and shouted a conversation at a distance.  I have to go to work this week and have loads of hours.  I don't want idiots spreading the virus to me because they have been out on a jolly  >:(

rowlandwells

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2020, 10:10 »
i agree with comments your so rite Mrs B because if people don't want to listen to the government and stay at home then I'm sure the government will bring in more restrictions to keep people indoors and this could implications on people visiting there allotments

there is absolutely no need for BBQ'S where other members of the public can be in contact and some folks have complained about the police enforcing people to go home we are lucky in some respects as the police in other countries have been more ruthless in enforcing the lock down

and lets face it its for our own safety we keep to the lock down rules no just for us but those working in the front line of this pandemic that need all the protection they can get without idiots doing there own thing

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2020, 10:43 »
I believe all  parks in Hammersmith and Fulham have now been closed.

Goosegirl

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2020, 13:59 »
MB, I couldn't agree more! Unfortunately the NHS has no resources to deal with these morons because frontal lobotomies are not a priority at this current time.
I just can't say how angry I am that some selfish people are disregarding all the rules that others are doing their best to adhere to so on their own heads be it! 

Growster...

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2020, 15:39 »
One result of all this, is that under no circumstances, can I help a few old people around here, when in the past, it's always been the norm - as most people here are also in the same boat.

Luckily I can chat 'over the garden wall' and do so to several chums, but to help get their mower working - um - nooooo...

WeavingGryphon

« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2020, 19:57 »
Just lost it at the kids because they keep throwing their toys over the fence into to the neighbours who are still working's garden and risking us needing to go speak to them to get it back.
Whatever they do is dodgy and involves lots of vans and people coming and going as well as parties with visitors now that their friends are off. Or them coming back having been out themselves to someone else's house. They are doing everything wrong and the kids don't get Husband and I don't want us to come into contact with people who could have Corona.

I got it back without contact by getting up on a stepladder and using the tine cultivator to get it back, risking destroying the toy by putting holes in it.

I love my pre this lot getting out of bed walks and time at the allotment. I hope that they close big parks rather than telling us all to stay at home. Here there are loads of people who seem to thing I have a face mask on, I'm fine I'll just come tooooo close to that raging person right there, and the next one, and the next because I'm a donkey's bum. Or others who take up the whole path with their 2 meters rather than standing parallel right next to a boggy area so you have to go through stinking sludge puddles.

goose

• Experienced Member
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2020, 20:43 »
these 'covidiots' will shut the country down soon if we are not careful.....although I say that with the luxury of a large garden with veg patch and an allotment to visit (for the moment) without restrictions....I could not imagine how it would be for those who don't have 'any' outside space atm....I hope and pray they follow the rules, but I really feel for them, tbh.

I did wonder if I could find a way to let a local family who didn't have any outside space to use my garden for an hour whilst im at the plot?  im not sure if this is allowed or really wise...but cant help but think how hard it must be for families stuck together in flats with no outside space atm and with the kids off school? :(

Wellington

• Experienced Member
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2020, 21:28 »
Why can’t they just enforce the lock down that we have. A few fines would soon put the idiots back int their boxes, and then the rest of us can carry on taking exercise. After all the whole point of the exercise is to put lowering society’s risk over individual freedoms (and rightly so) so let’s do it properly! 

xx
A lockdown question ?

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

10 Replies
Last post November 08, 2020, 16:42
by basketcase
xx
Something to miss about lockdown.

Started by Lardman on Chatting on the Plot

1 Replies
Last post October 31, 2022, 20:09
by GraciesGran
xx
Covid lockdown

Started by seashell on Chatting on the Plot

14 Replies
Last post September 16, 2020, 11:42
by New shoot
xx
Drastic effect of lockdown!

Started by TonyB. on Chatting on the Plot

3 Replies
Last post June 19, 2020, 05:39
by Growster...

Page created in 0.142 seconds with 53 queries.