B&M's Veg & Spud Grow Bags

• 12 Replies

PurplePixie

• Experienced Member
B&M's Veg & Spud Grow Bags
« on: July 31, 2011, 11:20 »
I forgot I'd bought these yesterday!

Potato Grow Bag 2 packs for a quid and the veg ones with handles on again are 2 for a quid, they had the large veg ones as well and I think they were a pound each.

Looking at the texture and material of these grow bags made me wonder if it's possible to grow things in Tesco bags for life, I know they're a bit thinner but is this possible or another of my stupid ideas? :D....I quite fancy a row of the blue ones with ladybirds on in the garden!

They also had lots of cheap hanging baskets and accessories like the moss wool cheap and I've been dropping hints all day about a 4x3 foot walk in green house with staging on both sides for £20.

They've got lots of cheap benches, obelisks, trellis, pots and containers as well.

sunshineband

• Global Moderator
  • Tallest Sunflower prizewinner 2014
    • A Little Bit of Sunshine
Re: B&M's Veg & Spud Grow Bags
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2011, 11:37 »
The bags for life do make reasonable containers, if you remember to put holes in the bottom  :lol:
Wisdom is knowing what to ignore - be comfortable in your own skin.
My Blog
My Diary
My Diary Comments

PurplePixie

• Experienced Member
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2011, 11:43 »
The bags for life do make reasonable containers, if you remember to put holes in the bottom  :lol:

Fab....I shall go dig out all the ladybird ones from under the stairs ready for when I've got some more compost  :D

I didn't think it would matter they're not as strong 'coz it's not as if I'd be moving them about.

ANHBUC

• "You looking at me?!!!"
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2011, 22:56 »

Fab....I shall go dig out all the ladybird ones from under the stairs ready for when I've got some more compost  :D

I didn't think it would matter they're not as strong 'coz it's not as if I'd be moving them about.

You could always put cardboard from supermarket fruit trays around the insides and base to strengthen it.   ;)
Ain't Nobody Here But Us Chickens!
Bagpuss RIP 1992 - June 2012, 1 huge grass carp (RIP "Jaws" July 2001 - December 2011), 4 golden orfe, 1 goldfish and 1 fantail fish (also huge)! plus 4 Italian quail, 1 Japanese quail, 1 Rosetta quail.

PurplePixie

• Experienced Member
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2011, 05:10 »
You could always put cardboard from supermarket fruit trays around the insides and base to strengthen it.   ;)

Good Idea!...I've got a super strong sort of corrugated plasticky cardboard box that I wasn't sure the recycling men would take so I'll chop some sheets of that up  :D

Goldfinger

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2011, 05:53 »

B&M's??

That reminds me, we have a new one opening TODAY in the old Focus DIY store after they went bust.

Wonder what (or if they have any,) opening offers on??

Thanks for the reminder.  ;)

ANHBUC

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2011, 12:48 »

B&M's??

That reminds me, we have a new one opening TODAY in the old Focus DIY store after they went bust.

Ours opened a couple of weeks ago.  Have never seen the Focus car park so full.   :lol:

fiano60

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2011, 13:09 »
Im lost have no idea what b&m's  ???stands for hopefully
someone still answering this post  :blush:  Fiona

PurplePixie

• Experienced Member
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2011, 13:12 »
I've no idea what it stands for but the shops are just called B&M Bargains....Sites here and theres a store locator on there as well  ;)

http://www.bmstores.co.uk

Goldfinger

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2011, 05:53 »

B&M's??

Ours opened a couple of weeks ago.  Have never seen the Focus car park so full.   :lol:

Where did your B&M open?? Ours is Cramlington's old Focus store. Since opening, the place gets packed every day, and by the end of the day, the shelves are bare and the staff are having to work late into the night to re-stock the shelves!  :ohmy:

Nige2Plots

« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2011, 08:23 »
There's three stores around here in a ten mile radius 8) One is at a retail park close to work .

PurplePixie

• Experienced Member
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2011, 08:42 »
They do have some really weird stuff in there!

But I've picked up some great bargains but you've got to be prepared to look  :D

Dr Stuarts organic Blueberry & Acai teabags for 29p ...... over 2 quid in Holland & Barrett, I picked up the last 3 boxes off the shelf last time I was in there and I've not seen them since  :(

ANHBUC

« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2011, 17:09 »

B&M's??

Where did your B&M open?? Ours is Cramlington's old Focus store. Since opening, the place gets packed every day, and by the end of the day, the shelves are bare and the staff are having to work late into the night to re-stock the shelves!  :ohmy:

Our nearest is the old Focus at Coulby Newham.

xx
Grow Bags £1

Started by noshed on Frugal Living

7 Replies
Last post January 01, 2012, 11:06
by alaj
xx
grow bags at Netto's £1.00 a pop

Started by greydog on Frugal Living

0 Replies
Last post February 11, 2010, 16:47
by greydog
xx
Homebase grow bags

Started by Hadakare on Frugal Living

1 Replies
Last post May 03, 2015, 18:05
by Ema
xx
Cheap grow bags

Started by fatcat1955 on Frugal Living

1 Replies
Last post September 21, 2012, 13:30
by Kleftiwallah

Page created in 0.131 seconds with 36 queries.