Bugsy

• 22 Replies

too many girls

Bugsy
« on: November 05, 2009, 11:58 »
Our cat Bugsy has been missing for months and months (can't remember exactly when he disappeared) he went within a week of Sarah also going missing, Sarah has come back, Bugsy didn't :(
Sam was peddling back from school through a nearby village (i won't let him cycle on the main road as it's so dangerous) passing a house he saw a cat that looked very much like Bugsy watching him through a window, Sam went to investigate and knocked on the door, the house belonged to an old lady who told Sam the cat had turned up in her garden and then made himself at home in her house, when Sam pointed out it was our cat she became very sad saying she had become fond of him, she told Sam she had no pets since her dog had been put down last year, when Sam came home and told me he had found Bugsy and without me hearing the full story i was all set to go and bring him back, Sam was against this "mum, she needs him more than we do, he must have sensed she was lonely and went to keep her company" we decided to let her keep him if she wanted, Sam collected Bugsy's sleeping basket, his toys, and at least half  the cat food in the pantry >:(  with the basket propped under his arm, the carrier over the handle bars he set off, the old lady was delighted :)  she had one worry though, she told Sam the reason she didn't get another pet after her dog died was that she was worried it would outlive her, "if i die Sam, they will be no one to look after him"
Sam told her "when you die just come and tell us and we'll take him back to the farm"
she must have a sense of humour, she patted his hand and said,
"when i die Sam, would you like me to tell you before or after?" :lol:

Sam has been taking longer than usual to cycle back from school, he's been stopping by her house for tea and cakes........................

Vember

Re: Bugsy
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2009, 12:01 »
Awwwww that's so sweet  :)

Your children are fantastic Rom :D

Sarah :)

madcat

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2009, 12:07 »
Ahhh ...  that has got me a bit teary!  :) He's a good lad.  Unusually observant too ...
All we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about (Charles Kingsley)

treacleminer

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2009, 12:09 »
Thats wonderful - I hope they both (all 3!) continue to get lots from the relationship.

too many girls

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2009, 12:10 »
we can spot Bugsy a mile away, i think Sam stopping off for tea and cakes might have something to do with the fact Pip has almost finished the mucking out by the time he gets back ::)

janet12000

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2009, 12:43 »
Thats such a sweet story.  :)

So I guess there's a vacancy for one of Cara's cats in your house now? :lol:

too many girls

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2009, 14:58 »
i knew someone would say that :tongue2: i don't think here is a suitable home for Evie, i think she needs a quiet house where she is the only cat, here she would just get chucked in with the rabble, plus she wouldn't get the attention she needs as we have so many animals, it wouldn't be fair on her.

janet12000

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2009, 15:54 »
Lol!  :tongue2:
She wouldn't stand a chance here then either!

Caralou

• Family Member.
    • Lowcostliving
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2009, 15:57 »
What a lovely ending, Bugsy safe and sound and Sam being the total gentleman and looking out for an elderly lady  :wub:

too many girls

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2009, 15:59 »
Sam say's at least she knows his name now and can stop calling him cat :D

Parsnip

« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2009, 18:47 »
I tell you what Mrs. You ain't 'arf brung him up well!  ( Despite the fact you are barking mad) ;) :lol:

What a lovely lad he is, if he was mine, I'd be so very proud :wub: :D

Another  little story to go in your notebook, for that best seller we keep telling you to write and won't! ::)

karlooben

« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2009, 18:53 »
 :D :D thats brought tears to my eyes reading that  are you sure that wasnt something out of a film clip  :lol: :lol: sorry but you never ever really hear of stories liek this nowadays its truly wonderfull .
"Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened."

Rubellite

« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2009, 19:05 »
 :) A lovely tale  :)

too many girls

« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2009, 20:45 »
i suspect life on a farm isn't what it's cracked up to be, first some of my chickens decided they would rather live at the farm next door and left home :tongue2: when they eventually came back they brought one of Kaths chickens with them, then they left again and left Kath's chicken behind :D Bugsy was done, Carrie and Harvey are yet to go to the vets, she couldn't have got attached to one of them, oh no, with Bugsy sorted he ups and goes to live somewhere else ::) if i'd brought him back no doubt he would have gone again, the old lady only lives about 1/2 a mile from us, makes me wonder who's fire Tiger Lily is warming herself in front of, she dissappeared a year ago.

kitkat

• Experienced Member
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2009, 21:27 »
Thats a lovely tale, i wouldn't have been so sensible or sensitive at Sams age- i'd have just wanted my cat back.Tell him we all want to smother him in kisses for being so nice[bet he'd say YUK] :lol:
We have 17 chickens, 3 quail, 2 dogs, 3 cats and that's enough (for this week)

Page created in 0.142 seconds with 35 queries.