Landmaster L140

• 3 Replies

bognorboy

Landmaster L140
« on: March 22, 2009, 18:48 »
I have just bought a Landmaster L140 rotovator. Has any one got any information for  the depth gauge as it is missing on the one I have. A photo or details would be fine as I could get one made. My only other problem is some info on the Briggs and Stratton 4HP engine..it works but I would like a handbook or maintenance details. Thanks

dorimower

• Experienced Member
Re: Landmaster L140
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2009, 19:51 »
Hello Bognorboy,
  I am not familiar with the L140.  However, for the engine, if you have a look at the engine cowling tinwork you should find the Model, Type, Code number stamped into the tinwork.
 With these numbers you should be able to freely download a representative Operator Manual and also a Parts List for your engine... The engine numbers are the key to everything including age of engine.  This is only blurred if a new or s/h replacement cowling tinwork has been fitted in the engines past history.
Paint and rust can try to obscure the numbers but they can usually be deciphered if even by paper pencil rubbing to help get the jist of them.

http://www2.briggsandstratton.com/maint_repair/manual_and_more/index.aspx?buy

All the best,
             "Dori"
« Last Edit: March 22, 2009, 20:09 by dorimower »

bognorboy

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2009, 08:22 »
Thanks for the info...I couldn't find the numbers anywhere..but B&S Technical Dept have supplied me the pdf's of what they have listed for the Landmater L140. I can see a few 'mods' have taken place over time but it gives me all the info I need.

dorimower

• Experienced Member
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2009, 17:04 »
Thank you for posting back with the update....

Good to read that you have got some results ref the B&S engine info...

The numbers would I suspect be on the flat vertical section of the cowling tinwork facing the carb/air filter.??....unless it has had a new cowling...as then you got a sticker to scribe the number from the old cowling to. A new cowling would have been delivered in grey primer..and even if the cowling had been painted to match the rest of the engine it often lacks any B&S transfers as a result.

It is good to learn that B&S keep a ref to what engines would have been fitted to a model of machine....that was great service from the technical dept.

I hope with this bump to the top of the page again ....your quest for depth skid info can be addressed too.

All the best,
          "Dori"

xx
Landmaster L140

Started by derekmc on Equipment Shed

3 Replies
Last post March 26, 2015, 21:05
by R Tallentire
xx
Help landmaster L140

Started by Sam727 on Equipment Shed

1 Replies
Last post March 06, 2017, 09:25
by R Tallentire
xx
Landmaster L140 Spares

Started by potatoman on Equipment Shed

3 Replies
Last post April 30, 2008, 16:55
by Huzey
clip
landmaster 100

Started by derekmc on Equipment Shed

1 Replies
Last post March 24, 2016, 22:30
by R Tallentire

Page created in 0.133 seconds with 34 queries.