king keg barrles

• 4 Replies

rubixs

• my son lewis
king keg barrles
« on: March 12, 2009, 22:23 »
i bought a king keg barrle top gravity feed a few years ago & never had a decent brew out of it.
i've tried 5 different times every time i dont get a decent build up of pressure the float some how all ways seems to up end its self so when i turn the tap on i just get the presser gushing out.
its cost me a fortune brewing in this thing with having to buy gas just to finish the barrle off after i've fixed the float.
i wished i never bought it i've bought all new seals floats & a key to make sure the cap is tightly close.
i should have got a bottom tap barrle.

i was just wondering has any 1 els have had trouble with theses barrles or any tips on how to use.
up the villa

Jay Dubya

• Experienced Member
Re: king keg barrles
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2009, 20:29 »
Hi, have you tried putting a stainles steel counter weight on the bottom of your float to stop it turning over. 

Keep on a troshing J W

rubixs

• my son lewis
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2009, 10:02 »
i've been back to the shop with it 3 times & each time i get conned into buying sommat els for it like new rubber seals.
the float as well i told them about it & all they said was a lot of people are having trouble with them floats so i ended up buying or conned into a new float.
this barrle is 1 of the most exspensive on the market & i would'nt reckomend any 1 to purchase 1 of these.
i think i'll get just an basic ordinary barrle from wilko's at least when the pressure runs out i can just open the cap & still get a drink with out having to pump a bottle of gas into it.

Jay Dubya

• Experienced Member
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2009, 19:41 »
Hi, i use Boots barrels and i adapted a Sparklets valve and tapped a pipe into the barrel cap. I then screw the gas canister into the valve press the lever and hay presto!! the canisters last for ages.
P S, the Boots type have a tap on the top with a dip tube to the bottom of the barrel.

Keep on a troshing J W

rubixs

• my son lewis
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2009, 14:49 »
Hi, have you tried putting a stainles steel counter weight on the bottom of your float to stop it turning over. 

Keep on a troshing J W
i'm gonna try some thing like that next time i do a brew,still got over 25 pints in it at the moment but need a refill of gas just aint been bothered to go to my home brew shop but will soon as summer is coming.

Page created in 0.145 seconds with 34 queries.