gone mad buyng plants.....lol....

• 2 Replies

van connick

• Experienced Member
  • Location: on a mountainside in south Wales. north of Pontypridd, west of Merthyr Tydfil.
« on: April 23, 2008, 06:34 »
because i dont have much time to get out to the shops and nurseries at the moment i decided to have a look online for some plants.
i ended up looking on ebay, and wow, what a selection.

i have a paved patio more or less outside the back door, and i am trying to get it to have a spanish feel, you know , white walls, flowers hanging in pots, lots of tubs etc etc.....i am going to lift most of the slabs and gravel it eventually, but for now they will have to stay.

so yesterday i made the most of the weather and a little spare time i had, and painted the walls and trellis a warm cream colour ( white is too stark i think ) and planted some of the plug plants i have got in the post.

i have also bought 2 red climbing roses and a rambler, fuschias, lobelia, pelargoniums, salvia, sweatpeas, loads of herbs, a few cordalines, a couple of yukkas, so i have got plenty to do.......think i went a bit mad.....lol

compostqueen

« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2008, 13:45 »
you can get some good veg plants from Seeds (Plants) of Distinction. You need only buy one plant of each too which is good when buying veg plants as sometimes you have to buy 15 or 25.  They have a good range of things like chillies, aubs and toms etc. Worth getting their catalogue or checking them online  :D

gobs

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2008, 21:56 »
Sounds absolutely lovely, VC, hope you post a piccie, once done. :D
"Words... I know exactly what words I'm wanting to say, but somehow or other they is always getting squiff-squiddled around." R Dahl

xx
What flowering plants or garden plants do you dislike?

Started by Oliveview on General Gardening

13 Replies
Last post May 03, 2008, 00:23
by Kiwi
clip
Plants for ID

Started by mdjlucan on General Gardening

7 Replies
Last post July 08, 2015, 13:58
by Goosegirl
xx
plants for i d

9 Replies
Last post April 27, 2012, 23:52
by viettaclark
clip
Plants for ID

3 Replies
Last post July 19, 2021, 17:08
by mumofstig

Page created in 0.136 seconds with 30 queries.