Diatom - I don't understand

• 34 Replies

hillfooter

Re: Diatom - I don't understand
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2011, 12:53 »
The food grade-or human food grade DE is great,My Mum and I put it on our cornflakes every day!-it is white,not grey and mixes up fine with no after taste,We have found it is brilliant for detoxing and increased energy levels! ??? Why,I have no idea,the only slight drawback is that we both spend longer in the bathroom :lol:

I'm truly amazed Missy at 10:25 you claimed to know nothing about how DE works yet at 12:35 you can spout all this.  Incidently without one reference to any medical source.  It's truly a miracle or a prodigious feat of googling.

I'll just leave it up to others to decide whether to take the advice of someone who at 11:40 can recommend using real creosote a substance which is illegal to now use and whose carcinogenic properties are well established.

Sorry to be blunt but this is just too much rubbish to swallow.

HF
Truth through science.

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2011, 12:55 »
« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 12:58 by Aunt Sally »

Missie

« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2011, 12:56 »
I have just actually called Diatom X,They only sell food grade and this is NOT BANNED whatsoever. Aunt Sally,you are talking of marine grade Diatom ;)

Missie

« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2011, 12:58 »
The food grade-or human food grade DE is great,My Mum and I put it on our cornflakes every day!-it is white,not grey and mixes up fine with no after taste,We have found it is brilliant for detoxing and increased energy levels! ??? Why,I have no idea,the only slight drawback is that we both spend longer in the bathroom :lol:

I'm truly amazed Missy at 10:25 you claimed to know nothing about how DE works yet at 12:35 you can spout all this.  Incidently without one reference to any medical source.  It's truly a miracle or a prodigious feat of googling.

I'll just leave it up to others to decide whether to take the advice of someone who at 11:40 can recommend using real creosote a substance which is illegal to now use and whose carcinogenic properties are well established.

Sorry to be blunt but this is just too much rubbish to swallow.

HF
I did not say I did not know how it works,of course I know how it works for crying out loud.Do your research all of you,again,you are talking of marine grade Diatom,NOT Food grade.this is not rubbish,it is fact fact fact!

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2011, 12:59 »
I have just actually called Diatom X,They only sell food grade and this is NOT BANNED whatsoever. Aunt Sally,you are talking of marine grade Diatom ;)

NO not diatom - Creosote is BANNED  ::)

Missie

« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2011, 13:01 »
I am quoting from here:

http://diatomx.co.uk/Diatom-for-Humans/Diatomaceous-Earth-for-Human-Consumption-Facts-and-Instructions

That doesn't mention creosote, Missie.

EDIT:  SNAP HF

Then you tell me,WHY is it legal to sell the original product to Farmers and registered smallholders.And I was raised on a Victorian farm and all those barns were creosoted,THICKLY,we never had problems with mites and such in the past,our hens never keeled over and died and nor did the animals whom stayed in them.I am nearly 50 years of age and have been into farming most of my life,I think you are making a mountain out of a molehill.And whilst we are at it,Why is it that on this site,you appear to have little or no respect from someone whom has been into REAL farming all of their life!!

hillfooter

« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2011, 13:01 »

Missie

« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2011, 13:02 »

NO not diatom - Creosote is BANNED  ::)
Creosote is Banned from being used in every day gardens and like you say,back yard flocks etc.it is a different ball game for professionals.

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
Staffies are softer than you think.

Missie

« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2011, 13:06 »
I have to also mention that we are vastly apart from Professionals to back yard flock keepers whom tend to believe that Free range means keeping 3 chickens in a 6ft x 4ft run,That is not Free range,It is Prison!

Missie

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2011, 13:08 »
I don't think 'The Goods' are professionals, Missie.  That is who you were recommending it to.

Using creosote still doesn't go with your belief in detoxifying though.

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2011, 13:08 »
My birds completely free range - no fences nothing (and at least 10 sleep in the trees all year round).
This does not allow me or anybody else to use creosote. Even professionals can only use it to treat previously treated timber and not new wood.

Missie

« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2011, 13:11 »
I don't think 'The Goods' are professionals, Missie.  That is who you were recommending it to.

Using creosote still doesn't go with your belief in detoxifying though.
No need for nitpicking, I do not like bugs,not on me,not on my chickens,I am sure this is quite simple.They also have diatom in their food! -guess you are all going to blast me for feeding it to them!

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2011, 13:13 »
Not at all, Missie.  What you do is entirely up to you. 

But I wouldn't detoxify my chooks with diatom only to expose them to very toxic creosote.  It doesn't seem to go together to me  ::)

sad
Don’t understand

Started by Pinheiro on The Hen House

1 Replies
Last post December 20, 2020, 20:06
by New shoot
xx
i don't understand this??

Started by Chookster on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post August 02, 2009, 22:35
by Chookster
xx
diatom

Started by ceri green on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post March 08, 2009, 17:07
by Chuckles
xx
diatom

Started by pj101 on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post April 01, 2008, 21:52
by Aunt Sally

Page created in 0.215 seconds with 40 queries.