Deliveries, post and parcels etc.

• 6 Replies

mrs bouquet

Deliveries, post and parcels etc.
« on: March 25, 2020, 11:52 »
Can you please tell me as I am not sure.     Does the virus live on papers, shopping deliveries, post etc.
if so, what should I do to avoid any chances.      I am washing my hands so frequently that it has caused dry and broken skin across my knuckles, ouch sore !  Thank you,  Mrs Bouquet.

Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
Re: Deliveries, post and parcels etc.
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2020, 12:23 »
Parcel force says not to worry but to wash hands, Mrs B you need to use more handcream ;)
 https://www.parcelforce.com/coronavirus

Goosegirl

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2020, 12:37 »
I am not someone who is an expert in viruses, but I do know they don't last very long outside their host and I think this topic has been on the news this last week which said the same thing, so by the time your deliveries get to your home you should be ok, but buy some disposable gloves on-line just to make sure you're protected. My GP prescribed me a moisturising cream called Zerobase but I think there's something called E45 which may do the same job so see if you can get that on-line as well as soon as possible.
I so wish I could be there to give you a hug but sadly I can't, so stop removing your skin that protects you from harm, cover it with whatever cream you have in your bathroom cupboard then relax with a favourite DVD.  ;) 
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

WeavingGryphon

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2020, 13:32 »
Can you please tell me as I am not sure.     Does the virus live on papers, shopping deliveries, post etc.
if so, what should I do to avoid any chances.      I am washing my hands so frequently that it has caused dry and broken skin across my knuckles, ouch sore !  Thank you,  Mrs Bouquet.

Bit on radio Scotland this morning where they said that paper is less dangerous because paper and cardboard absorbs the fats on the virus's coating which means in a much shorter time it's denautred (dead).

Here's the episode, if you listen to it Hugh Pennington he starts to describe about the 1hr 30 mark why soap is effecting and where it will linger on certain surfaces from 1hr 44. Based on what happens with the flu with surfaces like stainless steal it lasts there for ages, lucky those sort of surfaces are easy to clean. With cardboard or paper because it will sink into the fibre of the paper. Phones/touch pads not so long but they don't know why.
Wash your hands, it won't jump off the surfaces to get you so keep your hands clean.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m000gkhj

We're expecting a run on hand cream or lotion for lizard hands.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2020, 13:33 by WeavingGryphon »

mrs bouquet

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2020, 16:48 »
I do have to shower using Aqueous cream,and then I have to use Double Base Gel, which comes from the Docs.

I have decided that f I am "Home Alone" all day with no incoming goodies, I am not going to wash them so much, it really hurts.    Tonight, I shall put on a thick layer of Double base and then wear my white cottpn gloves in bed.     So sexy.   :D  thanks for your answers.   Mrs Bouquet

JayG

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2020, 17:35 »
Zerobase and E45 creams are both emollients rather than moisturisers, so contain no water.
Therefore, to be effective they need to be applied immediately after hand washing so that the moisture absorbed by the skin is sealed in. Applying it to dry skin can actually make the dryness worse.

Zerobase is better than E45 if you are sensitive to lanolin.
Sow your seeds, plant your plants. What's the difference? A couple of weeks or more when answering possible queries!

One of the best things about being an orang-utan is the fact that you don't lose your good looks as you get older

Growster...

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2020, 21:01 »
We had yet another Scotts of Stowe catalogue today, and there was hardly anything in there about gardening!

I just don't want another duvet or an electric shoe-cleaner, I want to see plant pots, things to grow and positive life-things!

Years ago, we bought some fabulous kitchen furniture from them, and we still love it all...

But it did come in its own plastic bag, so I assume all is well!

xx
Deliveries? You're having a laugh!

Started by Goosegirl on Chatting on the Plot

11 Replies
Last post December 31, 2017, 19:23
by Christine
xx
seed deliveries

Started by rowlandwells on Chatting on the Plot

5 Replies
Last post January 14, 2021, 21:25
by Tenhens
xx
Post early for Christmas

Started by AlaninCarlisle on Chatting on the Plot

14 Replies
Last post December 15, 2022, 23:10
by Yorkie
xx
How long before I can post in the forums?

Started by Browseruk on Chatting on the Plot

1 Replies
Last post February 12, 2023, 09:53
by John

Page created in 0.131 seconds with 44 queries.